Sleep

(Alice's POV)

"Wanna watch a movie?" Georgie asked me with a small smile.

I gave her an enthusiastic grin, "Why not!"

Minutes later we were both sat on her bed watching some gory horror movie that she had decided on... Not my usual choice, but I had told her to pick so I couldn't complain.

Suddenly Georgie yawned loudly so I turned to her, "You-We can go to sleep now if you like?" I offered, cursing silently when I mixed up my words.

Georgie shook her head, "Nah, I'm good." she replied, jumping slightly when someone on the television screamed. After a while she held out a bag of something to me, "Popcorn?"

I gently shook my head, "No thank you. I'm on a diet." I declined politely.

Her green eyes snapped to me, "You have to be kidding me!" she said with an edge of anger in her voice.

My non-beating heart sank... It'd be so much easier if I could tell her!

"No..."

Georgie frowned, "You will eat something, even if I have to force feed you!" she informed me with a determined tone.

"Honestly, I really don't want any." I quickly assure her, holding up my hands.

"Eat." she ordered as she opened the bag of popcorn and held it out to me.

The sickly sweet smell of caramel hit my nose and I literally had to suppress a gag... Human food really did smell disgusting!

Suddenly a vision flashed before my eyes. It was of Georgie, But she was one of us... A gasp escaped my lips.

"What's the matter?" Georgie questioned me with concerned eyes.

My mind was made up for me. I could tell her everything because she would eventually become one of us anyway...

"Can you keep a secret?" I asked her seriously.

Georgie stayed silent for a moment before switching off the television, "Course." she said.

I took a deep unnecessary breath in, squared my shoulders and my mind drifted to the future when I'd have to tell my family that I'd told her...