Chapter Four

NIALL'S POV

I sighed. We had just finished practice for tonight's show, and we were supposed to head to our dressing rooms and get ready. Instead, I headed to the small break room, which was for staff only.

Today, I was feeling off. Usually, I loved performing. Seeing the cheering fans always made me forget anything that I was upset about. They were just so excited and happy and full of nothing but joy. It's really hard to be upset around them.

Opening the small fridge in the break room, I pulled out a sandwich. I figured it was someone else's, but I really didn't care at the moment.

Peeling off the plastic wrap, I was about to take a huge bite when I was interrupted.

"What's wrong, mate?" Louis asked. He must have followed me in there. "And where'd you get the sandwich?"

Realizing I wouldn't be able to finish my sandwich, I threw it in the small trash can and glared at Louis, who was staring at me with his mouth hanging open.

"You just...just..." Louis started. "What's wrong? You never throw food away."

"I'm just frustrated, okay?" I said, turning around to rest my arms on the counter.

"About what, Niall? You have no reason to be upset!" he exclaimed.

"You and the boys. You're just always on my case about getting a girlfriend. It gets annoying."

My words must have made him angry, judging from the way he grabbed my shoulder and yanked me around to face him.

"Are you kidding me? Niall, we wouldn't be griping at you if you weren't complaining about your 'princess' all the damn time!" Louis snapped.

"It's easy for you to say! You have Britta! Liam has Danielle! And Zayn has Annie! And Harry's just..." I looked out the door, where stage hands were preparing for tonight's show, which started in less than two hours.

"Niall. None of us have perfect relationships. And Harry...he's still messed up over Claire. You shouldn't be...jealous of anything we have. Now go get dressed!" he told me.

Nodding, I walked out of the break room and down the hall to the dressing room I shared with Zayn. When I walked in, I saw him pacing in the corner of the room. He was having a conversation over the phone, and didn't seem to notice my entrance.

He was running his free hand through his hair. Rather than letting him know I was there, I decided to go about my business quietly.

"What do you mean you can't come?"

Zayn shouted into the phone.

My guess was that he was talking to his girlfriend, Annie. She had just finished her second year of college, and that was all she had hoped to accomplish. Now, she planned on traveling with us for the rest of the tour, then moving in with Zayn.

He waited for her reply before answering. "But you know I do better when you're here," he complained.

She said something to calm him down, and he became visibly more relaxed.

"That's fine, love. Goodbye, love you." He hung up and stuffed his phone in his pocket.

"What happened...?" I asked.

"She said she'd come to our concert in Kansas City. Then, she'll be with us for the last part of the tour," he explained joyfully.

I nodded. He walked out of the room and I started getting dressed for the show.

IZZY'S POV

The three girls had chosen to watch Clash of the Titans. It was one of my favorite movies, but I really needed to speak with Hope about the whole concert situation.