Chapter Eight

IZZY'S POV

"Izzabelle! What is wrong with you?" Louise shouted.

She, Crista, and Hope had arrived home a few hours earlier. When they got here, Crista had given me the dirtiest look imaginable before marching upstairs. Hope just laughed.

Then, Louise was there, standing in front of me. "Hello," I said timidly, looking down at my feet.

Roughly, she grabbed my chin and forced me to look at her. She let go, and I opened my mouth to speak. Before I could utter a single word, however, her hand struck my face.

Shocked by the force of the sudden contact, I staggered backwards and fell. Lying on the cold, hard ground, I looked up at her. The only emotion in her eyes was pure hatred.

I let my head fall to the floor, expecting she would go away, but she pulled me up by my shirt collar so she could whisper in my ear.

"What...have...you...done!" she screamed the last word in my ear before throwing me back to the ground.

All of the air was knocked out of my lungs, and I gasped for air. Once I had regained my composure, I spoke in a strangled voice, "What did I do?"

"Don't pretend like you don't know! Jason told us you tried to seduce him! Do you know how upset Crista is?" she roared.

By this point, I had stood up and had moved to the other side of the couch in case she decided to grab me again. Louise paused to take a breath, and I heard Crista and Hope laughing somewhere on the second floor.

"You're such a waste! Of time, of space! And you have the nerve to try to push yourself on your sister's boyfriend? Do you understand how thankful you should be to us for taking care of you? I'm ashamed to know you!" she screamed.

I stared down at my feet again and told myself I wouldn't cry. I failed and a single tear slid down my face, quickly followed by more.

As I was on the verge of all out bawling, she spoke quietly, "Go poor me some wine, and then go to your room. I'm tired of seeing your ugly face, it's giving me a headache." I ran off to the kitchen as Louise sat down on the couch and rubbed her temples.

When I returned from the kitchen with her drink, she was sitting in the same place. I handed her the wine and picked up my phone, which was sitting on the small coffee table by her feet, before running up to my room.

As soon as I got to my room, I locked the door and flung myself onto the bed. Even though I tried not to, I started sobbing uncontrollably. Tears blurred my vision, and I fell onto the floor. I curled into a small ball and fell asleep after a while.

When I awoke, there was sunlight streaming into my room through my half open curtains. I got up off of the floor feeling sore everywhere. After a few quick stretches, I hopped on my bed and landed in a sitting position.

Noticing my phone, which was on the nightstand by my bed, I picked it up and saw I had three missed messages.

I blew a piece of hair out of my face and began reading them.

From Rapist Santa: Heyyy ;) U like the little surprise I got for u?

Remembering yesterday's events, I squeezed my eyes shut and decided not to reply. I went to the next message.

From Albear: HAYYY GURLLL. Srry I had to leave all early yesterday. My dad wanted me to help comfort my moon or whatever.

I laughed and typed a reply.

To Albear: Your moon?

From Albear: Haha. :p

I went to my next message wondering who it could be.