Chapter Twenty Three

ALLISON'S POV

So the boys and Izzy had gotten back a little while ago, and we were on the road again. Everyone was fast asleep, but I was sitting in this little booth in the kitchenette.

The only light came from my phone and passing street lamps. Well, more like freeway lamps because we were on the freeway.

I was aggressively tweeting that I knew Niall Horan. That I knew all of One Direction, actually. Tonight alone, I gained 35 followers. That put my follower count up to 183.

I knew Izzy had been a little angry with me lately, but she just didn't understand. We had always been unpopular. Well, she had been. I was working my way into the in-crowd, and I was doing pretty well until I befriended Iz freshman year.

All I ever really wanted was to be popular. To be well liked and have a lot of friends.

"Well, someone's up late."

I jumped in my seat, my phone clattering to the floor. Almost immediately, another light flickered on. This light came from a phone.

I glanced up from where I was searching for my phone to see who had interrupted my Twittering.

It was a smirking Harry. Even though we were on tour together, we had never talked.

"You are up pretty late, aren't you?" I replied, mimicking his tone as best I could.

He faked a laugh and slid into the booth next to me. I wasn't sure if he had noticed or not, but I tensed up when he took his spot next to me. He was pretty close. Like, our knees were touching.

Based on everything I had heard, Harry was a huge player. Not one for relationships. One for...the stuff. By the stuff, I meant the sexuals.

I, a girl who had not yet hopped on the slut train, could only imagine this scenario ending one way.

Then, a wonderful idea crossed my mind. Not so much an idea as a thought. How many Twitter followers would Harry Styles' girlfriend get?

•••

The next evening the boys had a concert, and I was all smiles. I hadn't checked my Twitter once the entire show, and Iz was skeptical to say the least.

"So you seem to be in a good mood," Izzy said.

I quickly nodded. We were watching the concert from backstage, and I was bouncing up and down on the heels of my feet.

"I am," I told her.

We sat through the songs we had heard so many times that they now seemed endless. Then the inevitable Twitter question time rolled around.

The questions were all stupid stuff like say something in Spanish for us, tell me you love me in French, will you marry me, etc. The last one was directed at Harry.

"Harry, when was your last relationship?" Niall read into the microphone.

At the word relationship, Niall winked at Izzy and did this little gun/snap/point thing with his hand. She giggled and blew him a kiss. I struggled to contain an eye roll.

"Well, I'm in a relationship right now, actually."

As expected, the sound from the audience was mainly cheers sprinkled with loud boos. Iz choked on a bit of her water.

Even though it was the last question, the roar of the fans turned into one big chant of who?'s.

Later than evening, we all went out to some fancy restaurant.