Chapter Twenty-Seven

NIALL'S POV

[day of Liam's party]

Izzy had been here for the last week and had been acting really strange. I couldn't begin to understand why.

I'd taken her to all my favorite restaurants, stores. Even on a tour of London. She would pretend to be happy, but I could tell she wasn't.

At the same time, I felt kind of horrible for just thinking about her. After all, it was my best mate's birthday. Besides, it was probably nothing.

IZZY'S POV

Niall had a lot of friends. He introduced me to all of them.

London was a gorgeous city. He showed me everything about it that could possibly be seen.

It just made me realize how much I didn't belong here. With him.

On tour, it was different. It was just us, the rest of the boys, Allison, and some managers and the like. It was fine.

But here, seeing everyone and everything, I just realized this wasn't the life for me. I was just a girl from a small town who didn't have many friends and didn't go to parties and did not belong there.

I let Niall drag me along to Liam's party anyway, avoiding the fact I had never been to a party. Besides serving at one of the twins' or Louise's parties.

As expected, Niall abandoned me to talk to Liam about five seconds after we got there. I don't know if he thought I would be fine on my own or something, but I wasn't.

I didn't want to go up to Niall and hang around him the entire time like some clingy girlfriend, I just wanted to get out of that overcrowded house.

Since it was Liam's birthday, I decided to stay. At least until everyone sang him happy birthday. He was my friend, after all.

So I went to the restroom. I didn't really have to go, but I just wanted to get out of the main room. I didn't dare venture into a bedroom in fear of seeing someone making out. Or worse.

So there I was, sitting on the counter of the 'guest' restroom. It was all fine and dandy until someone knocked on the door.

"Just a minute!" I yelled.

I scrambled off the counter and quickly unlocked the door. Once I had opened it, two people rushed in, knocking me aside.

It was a boy and a girl, the latter puking in the toilet while the prior held her hair. I stood there in confusion at how someone could already be that drunk, but then I realized I was watching someone throw up and walked out.

As soon as I walked out of the restroom, someone- the boy, I assumed- whipped the door shut. I just stood in the hallway for a moment, then looked over the railing that allowed me to see downstairs, where the party was at.

Niall was still talking to Liam. I walked down the stairs and decided to stand in the corner of the room. Who knew where Allison and Harry were, and Matt was in the kitchen with Niall and Liam.

I shook my head at myself and glanced around at everyone else in the room. People were dancing in the middle of the room to a song I didn't know. They looked happy.

I huffed and marched over to the kitchen. Matt was actually just standing there and listening to Liam and Niall's conversation, which was about their second album and how they still needed a song or two.

So I struck up a conversation with Matt, since we were both the outliers here. Our conversation was lame. We were actually talking about the weather.