Chapter Twelve

NIALL'S POV

"So we were just sitting there, and then he starts choking!" Matt said. He was telling the girls a story, while I payed the hostess for our food.

I frowned as I handed the woman a wad of American money. The two girls were laughing extremely hard at something Matt had said. Sighing, I turned around and walked out the door, the other three trailing behind me.

We all piled into the car. Izzy didn't start it right away because she was still laughing at something Matt had said. I slapped my hands down on my legs and opened my door. Matt and the girls quickly got out.

"What are you doing?" Matt asked.

"Nothing. Just going for a walk. You guys could probably go to that Starbucks over there," I said, pointing and then putting my hands in my pockets.

"You wanna go alone?"

"Well...you guys are all talking and whatnot, so...," I drifted off, not exactly sure of what to say.

Matt opened his mouth to say something, but Izzy beat him to it. "I'll come with you," she volunteered.

Matt smirked. "Alright, you two, but be safe, okay?" He gently pushed Izzy toward me and walked across the street with Allison. I saw him grab her hand and rolled my eyes.

"So," Izzy said, pushing a piece of hair behind her ear.

I glanced around, remembering where I was. We started to walk forward slowly along the small path.

IZZY'S POV

Niall shoved his hands in his pockets and walked slowly along the path. I followed behind him, rubbing my hands over my upper arms.

"You cold?" he asked. My head jerked up, I hadn't even been aware he was looking at me.

I quickly dropped my arms to my sides and shook my head with a smile on my face. Ignoring me, he quickly pulled off his jacket and draped it over my shoulders.

"Thanks," I said, turning my head, so he couldn't see the blush coloring my cheeks.

Sadly, he noticed. He laughed for about a minute, and I could barely stop myself from melting. That laugh was something I'd only ever dreamed about. Now I was actually hearing it. I was actually the reason for it.

"Izzy?"

I whipped my head around to look at him. "Yeah, Niall?"

He smiled, and I almost melted again. Was he purposely trying to kill me?

"You're cute," he said, before laughing again.

"You are, too," I laughed, looking down at the ground.

Our conversation sort of died there for a moment. I desperately wanted to say something, but I didn't want to annoy him. After all, he was Niall Horan; he dealt with fans all time. I'm sure they started to annoy him sometimes.

We walked on the path in silence. The path was actually a small, gravel trail leading through a small woodsy area. Street lamps lit the path every here and there, and there were park benches in between.

When we came to a large fountain, we stopped. I had been looking down this whole time, and Niall put a finger under my chin to make me look at him.

"I don't understand what it is about you," he whispered, mainly to himself, as he stared down into my eyes.

I tried my best to look away, but his hold was too strong. "You're not going to tell me you love me, are you?" I teased, trying to lighten the moment.