38 - Heavy weight

Six months later

Patrick's POV

I stood looking at my body in the mirror. They boys we're out getting Chinese takeaway. I didn't feel like going with them as we'd practiced most of the day and I was kinda tired. I was seventeen stone. We had a gig in two nights and I wasn't ready. We had had a few since our first one and they had been okay. I'd piled on the weight since our last gig though. I had put on three stone in two and a half months. I was extremely stressed and just really bored. I'd snack an awful lot. I ate lot pot noodles in a day. The only things I seemed to do was snack, write, play guitar and sleep. Pete was worrying. Pete always worried. I hadn't eaten like that in nearly a year. I went to McDonalds three times a week. 

I hear the front door open and go and get the plates ready in the kitchen. Pete dumps the food on the counter and smiles at me, throwing his keys down too. 
"You okay?" He asks.
"Yeah, yeah" I help him get the food out and we take the plates to Joe and Andy. Me and Pete sit on the double sofa. I sit cross-legged. We watch some awful horror movie, only Joe got scared and wanted to come and sit with me and Pete. We laughed him off and he went and sat on Andy's lap. 
"Joe, get off! You're heavy!"

"Ughhh! Not as heavy at Patrick!" He looks at me, clasping his hand to his mouth. I put my food on the floor and get up, leaving the room. 
"When are you gonna learn to control you're freaking mouth Joe?!" I hear Pete yell before I shut the door. I was sitting by the door of the building and Pete joins me, sitting down next to me. 
"I'm sure he didn't mean it. He just can't control his mouth."
"Oh he meant it" 
"Patrick..."

"Pete, I'm seventeen stone, he meant it" Pete doesn't say anything. I don't think he knew I weighed that much. 
"Pete - "

"Patrick, we need to go to the doctors tomorrow" He says looking straight ahead. "You're eating yourself into an early grave and I can't lose my best friend." He was worried about me. 
"I'm sorry Pete" He says nothing, he gets up and holds out his hand to pull me up and we go back inside.