21 - Extended trip

Pete's POV

I sat Patrick's room at the end of his bed. He was fast asleep. He had one of those masks over his nose and mouth, giving him air and a monitor for his heart and his breathing rate. He'd been like this for three days. I had persuaded my mum to let me extend my trip since Patrick went into hospital. He had almost died in the car. That's why I kissed him, because I didn't know if he would make it. He passed out when we got to the hospital. Patrick's mum had come over from Orlando with his brother and sister. They were both older than him and didn't look like him at all really. His sister had the mousy hair he did. His brother had black hair like their dad. They had no idea who I was and weren't really welcoming. His mum was lovely though. She had let me have half an hour of time with Patrick when nobody else did. He hadn't woken up for the three days he had been in here. I didn't know if he was just asleep a lot of the time or they had put him to sleep. He had a drip but because he wasn't eating the junk food he normally did, he had lost a bit of weight. I didn't know when he would come around. I knew his family were waiting outside for me and then I heard the familiar knock on the door to tell me my time was up. I walked over to him on the way out and stroked his cheek gently. He didn't respond, as always. I pulled the curtain away from in front of the door and went out. It was quiet late. His parents and sibling were there and looked at me. I saw someone else. It was my mum. She got up and came over to me and hugged my tightly.

"When you said Patrick was in hospital, I decided to come and support you." We had gone outside the front of the hospital so mum could smoke. She was still young and dumb as heck. But a lovely person.
"How did you get the money to fly here?" I ask her, watching the smoke could out of her mouth and go up into the darkness that blanketed the sky. It was nice outside, away from the smell of anti-bacterial cleaner and the beeping of machines that were slowly driving me crazy.
"Cam" Cam was her boyfriend. He was an okay guy but I was thankful he didn't live with us.
Makes sense" I said. I never knew my dad as I was the production of a one night stand and my mum can't remember anything about it. She blamed my mental illnesses on my dad. We just sat in silence even though we hadn't seen each other for two months. We'd never got on the greatest.
"Why is he in here?" She asked.
"So you didn't even bother to ask?"
"Don't get all annoyed at me!" I sigh. She acted like a child a lot.
"He had a bad asthma attack and almost died, mum." I tell her.
"If he lost a bit of weight he wouldn't have bad asthma"
"Shut up! He's my best friend!"
"That doesn't make him automatically healthy just cause he's your friend"
"Yeah but you could not make comments like that" I get up and go back inside. Patrick's mum and siblings had gone into see him but he dad was still outside. I sit next to him, slouching a bit.
"Did Patrick teach you to do that?" He said jokingly. I looked up at him. "Sorry."
"Could I stay with you still? If its not a problem as my mum is being a twat."
"That's not the way you should speak about your mother but okay." He said.