12 - Untold truths

Patrick's POV

It had been nearly a week since Pete had arrived in New York. We'd had a few bike rides, lots of walks but not been anywhere exciting. He seemed to be more focused on my health. He called me beautiful every single day and straighted my hair and glasses for me and always placed my hat perfectly on my head. He told me stories to help my sleep as my meds had nearly run out for my insomnia. He'd always make sure I was asleep for he slept. He was also always awake before me and at first he had forced me to do sit ups and star jumps but after a few days I actually begun to enjoy it and did it morning and night. I was seeing a difference. I felt more awake then I ever had, I felt that breathing was easier and my XXL shirts were getting a bit looser. Pete was like my carer and motivator. 

This morning, I woke up, me and Pete did our exercises and then we went into the kitchen and dad had our breakfast laid out. My bitter coffee and cornflakes with no sugar and Pete's coffee with two sugars and his cornflakes with a little sugar. I had become used to having little sugar in my diet. My dad went out to work and said he might get takeaway tonight. 
"Pete..."
"Patrick..." He smiled at me.
"Thanks for helping me." 
"You're very welcome. I couldn't stand it if I let you slip further and further down. You seem happier"

"I am I suppose" That's when I realized that I actually was. I wasn't constantly worrying about whether I would have an asthma attack or if I would topple into type two diabetes. I had become a lot calmer. We finished our food and went out for a walk. 

We talked about our first conversations and how we met on a blog on tumblr. Pete had found my blog and saw I was posting stuff on David Bowie and things and he messaged me and now we were walking down the street together. When we got home, I needed to nap. I still got tired as I was still pretty fat. I closed the curtains and took off my glasses, placing them on the floor next to my bed. Pete was in the living room watching tv. 

Pete's POV

Patrick was doing so well. He must have lost nearly a stone in the first week of me being here. His portions were still small but he had at least two snacks a day, one normally after his nap and then one before bed. I was so proud of him. I remember him telling me when were about thirteen that he had a jaw line for the first time in his life. This was before he had a good phone and a laptop without a webcam so he couldn't show me. I know he thought little of himself but he was my world. 

The tv brings me back out of my thoughts and I watched some guy falling out of a tree on a funny home videos show. It wasn't really that funny. I wanted to hug Patrick but he was asleep and I didn't want to disturb him. He didn't know but I was sleeping awfully. I too suffered with insomnia and I had left my meds at home. He didn't know that I saw stuff in the dark that wasn't really there. He didn't know that I had really bad self image problems and he didn't know I was bipolar. I didn't want to bring him down. He had asked me a few days ago what my weight was. I didn't tell him I was six and a half stone. I told him I was nine stone. He believed me, thank God. All these things that Patrick didn't know about me brought me to tears. I got up, turned the tv off and snuck into Patrick's room, slipping into the bed beside him.