28 - Duo

Trigger Warning: Suicide. Stay strong and safe peoples xx

Patrick's POV

When we got home, I was feeling really awful. Like really awful. Pete went into the shower and I sat in my room. My dad was out. I look to my pills on the floor beside my bed. I could easily take too many. I hadn't been taking my old insomnia pills as I had been given stronger ones. I knew dad had some vodka in the cupboard in the hall. I could just give myself a asthma attack and not use my inhaler. I could do a multitude of things. 

I sneak out of my room into the hallway and go to my dad's alcohol cabinet, grabbing the first stuff I saw. I hope this didn't fail and I'd have to have my stomach pumped. That would be embarrassing. I suck at everything and on top of that I'd suck at killing myself. I go back to my room and turn off the light, using the torch on my phone for light. I tip the pills into my hand. There must have been about fifteen. I open the bottle of alcohol, tipping the pills into my mouth and I was about to swallow them and when Pete opens the door. I drop the bottle and he rushes to my side, swearing at himself. He drags me to the bathroom and puts his fingers down my throat and causes me throw up the pills I took. He keeps doing this for about ten minutes to make sure it is out of my system. I sit back, exhausted. Pete sits next to me. 
"Don't do that again... please" Pete says, hugging me. "If you ever get that bad, come and get me. I don't care what's happening. Call me, message me, come and get me just do not scare me like that again, please" He starts crying, making me cry. I had scared myself. I had never thought I would actually do it. I was just drained, I couldn't speak. My throat hurt from Pete forcing me to be sick but I'm happy he did or I wouldn't be alive. Even though I'd wanted to be dead for a while, I was actually happy I was still here with my best friend.
"Please don't tell my dad" I tell him. 
"I might have to"
"Please don't. Please..." I beg him. He looks at me. 
"I won't" He tells me. "Only if you promise not to do anything like that again" 

I slept a lot for a few days. I was fine, thanks to Pete. He stayed by my side. In my spare time, or my awake time, I started writing songs. I had the lyric "sometimes we take chances, sometimes we take pills" stuck in my head. I decided to make sometime of that. I grab my notebook, Pete was sitting on his bed on his phone. 
"Hey"
"Hey" I reply to him.
"You want some food?" Pete asks.
"What time is it?" 
"Half four" The last time I knew the time was half eleven. I'd slept for about six hours. 
"What have you been doing?" 
"I went out shopping, you're dad was checking on you for a while. I got some cereal and more coffee." I nod. Pete comes and sits next to me on the bed. He reads what I'd written.
"Wow... you're a good writer" He tells me. 
"Thanks" 
"We should do some kinda of duo thing"