Chapter 11

I went back to the recovery room to sit. Waiting anxiously to see how Stevie turns out. I sat at the end of the bed while Ally took the chair in front of me. She was crying woth her head in her hands. I was rubbing her arm offering my comfort.

"Nicole,why does this keep happening?"

"What do you mean?"

"You,her. It seems everytime we think we're in a good place something comes crashing down. Like ecmverything I touch crumbles. I didn't even get to protect her. I didn't even get to protect her from your dad. You're suppose to be who we're suppose to protect but you protected us. I'm sorry, we haven't given you much better than you already had. I haven't given Stevie the best person to have a family with anyway"

I began crying. The tears she had she'd had washed away any type of facade keeping in pain. She was so serious about this. This wasn't like her. I was truly seeing her at her worst,and it killed me.

"You've given me the best family. I couldn't have hand picked a better one to be apart of. You couldn't have done anything you weren't there with her. It's not your fault. The first time my dad got you before you coukd get him. I had to suprise attack him basically. I am no heroe here. Stevie loves you. I love you. You're the family we've wished for,for our entire lives. You've given us laughs when we didn't want to breathe. You gave us both hope that people genuinely want us. You've done nothing wrong. Not one damn thing. This isn't your fault. It's my fathers,and who ever attacked her. We're all in this together. We want you here Ally. Don't doubt yourself. Not for a minute." I said trying to peice together what had crumbled right in front of me.

"Allie? Allie!? Allie!!" Stevie screamed. She pulled me right into her chest. She was hysterical. As was I

"Allie Nicole I thought we had lost you. I thought I had lost my little one. I thought I had lost such a huge part of my life. I thought nothing was going to be the same again. I love you kid. I love you,I love you. I'm so happy you're okay." She was shaking me back and forth. You coukd tell everything was alright.

Ally had gasped and went into tears again as well. She realized both of us were just fine. She didn't have to lose anyone. Not today.

"Stevie,I was so worried about you I could say the same." I said once she had let go of me.

"Oh,I'm the one in the hospital now." She said looking around seeing the i.v in her arm and her gown. "Is Danny and Moonshine alright? Did your dad get them too?"

"My dad? He did this to you? Fuck I knew it. I knew we weren't safe. I knew when I saw him he'd come after one of you. I knew it I knew " I repeated as I started hyperventilating believing that this was all my fault.

Ally grabbed me and held me tightly.
"Nicole. We're fine. Everyone is safe. We are all okay. Everyone's okay. Breathe. Nothing is wrong. We're fine." She spoke softly in my ear. Calming the anxiety attack.

"Stevie,how'd he fined you?" Ally asked still holding me in her arms as I have not yet caught my breath and had become quite shaky.

"He just came at me while I was at the store. Out of fucking no where. He put all his weight on me so I couldn't get up. Thank God Danny and Moonshine were there. I'm just happy everyone is okay." She said as if she was ready to act as if nothing had ever happened.

"Sis,this is a big deal. He almost had me too. Which means we aren't safe. We have to call the police and pit him behind bars.." I said with a crack in my voice?

" Hell no, that's it. I'm murdering that son of a bitch. He's done terminating you. I'm tired of this. I'm not going through court to see his dumb ass not get a moment of time because he's on "God's side" either. I'm dealing with this myself. Nobody messes with my family. Fuck that." She said as she pulled out her I.V.

"Sit back down that's not how you deal with this."

"Babe please call down we won one case we can win another. Set back down we have to see the doctor before we leave anyway." Ally said trying to but her back in bed but failing.

"No,I'm tired of this. I'll see you guys at home."

She raced out of the room before either of us could even touch her. We chased after her but she took the car. Her car had to have been at the store still. Cause she took Ally's leaving us rideless.

We called everyone but no one had answered. So I called the last person I knew who woukd answer for me,though I do wish it could've been someone else in this situation. Why did the one person to have answered have to be Torey.