Chapter 18

They asked me why I was running from the only two people who were willing to anything for me. Why I was running from my soul sisters.
So I thought for a moment. Trying to understand why I was doing it myself. Of course because I think they'd be better off. But it was more than that. It's always been more than that.

"Well Camden,why don't you just tell me why you think I did? Cause I'm not sure. All I know is there was so much going on. I didn't know how to react to what had happened..."

She interrupts

"Are you talking about the Coma?"

My mind went blank. How was I suppose to tell them they're beloved Stevie shot a man. Or that non of us reported it. How was I suppose to tell them that the day after I get a girlfriend and can't even enjoy seeing her because I was filled with so much guilt. How was I suppose to tell them I have to fined a balance between biological family and my chosen family now,because real family is back,and it's the one everyone hates. How? How was I soppose to explain any of this to them without confusion? I'm confused myself.
So I decided to take the easy route.

"Yeah,the coma. I guess my mind is a mess from it and I'm still in panic mode. Haven't woken up from that one yet. But I guess nobody ever wakes up from their anxieties. They're always there,in you nightmares and your daydreams and everything in between."

"I don't buy it. Allie Nicole if you don't start being honest with me I'm.."

The rest kinda tuned out. I couldn't help but think these are what mom's are suppose to behave like. They're suppose to get mad. They're suppose to care. My mom never did. Dad always beat me and yelled. But mom,she didn't even acknowledge me. I preferred the beating over that any day.

These girls. They care. So I smiled and tuned back in.

"Do you think this is funny? You will not be disrespectful to her. You may be seventeen but we're god parents. We have rights and we will ware you out." Cammie intervened

It took everything in me not to laugh.

"No. No. It's not funny it's just. These are things mommies say and do.. I never really had one. Now it feels like I have two."

They both tear up and start hugging me lovingly.

"Just because we're mommy figures doesn't mean you're getting out of this!" Shannon says cheerfully.

"I know,I love you guys."

"We love you too." They speak in sinc.

"Now. Back to what I was saying.." Shannon said as she sat me back down.

Eventually I told them that they need to talk to the girls. That I shouldn't say anything. Cause this is more than me. That I was running for reasons I cannot say at the moment and I'll be able to handle it. I'll be able to face it. To not worry about me running,cause I'd be far too terrified of the reaction if they found me trying to run again. They didn't like it. But they understand.

Shannon cooked for me and told me she'd take me home after dinner. That whatever it is that they're gonna be there with me. Not just for me.

I was fine until I realized they'd wonder how many people I have told. How many people I have ran to. Which technically I only ran here. Cause Ally knew I was with Torey and I had asked to be woth Steph. This one just kinda happened.

But still. That's four people who can call the police anytime they wish too. Telling them my father was black mailed and my family is actually insane.

I began eating trying to calm myself down. Trying to play out what might happen in my head. What to say. Knowing it be easier with my mommies there.

'Mommies..I'm happy to have them.'