Chapter 10

Stephs POV

Allie looks so beautiful sleeping. I mean she wasn't really asleep before. This time she's drooling. She'll let out little snores. It's cute. She's the most adorable thing I've ever seen. The best part. She's cuddled up to my arm like a teddy bear. Ally had questioned it. I just told her this must be what she does in her sleep. I wasn't sure if Allie wanted anyone to know we were a thing. Hell I didn't even know we were a thing yet. I'm not sure we are or if it was the heat of the moment. Either way Ally is dealing with enough right now. Danny took a picture of her like that. Danny mouthed to me "heart eyes" so Ally wouldn't hear. I just rolled my eyes and smiled.

Danny always caught on to things quickly. He knew when Ally liked Stevie before Ally did. He knew that Ally was going to be the one to pop the question. He knew Stevie would make the first move. He knows pretty much everything. So I guess he's already caught on to this. I can hope he'll do the out of character thing and not began teasing us. Or Ally might catch on faster than I'd like her to.

Torey still had my number and was messaging me telling me thanks for telling Ally she should stay,for being there for her tonight even though Ally could've gotten mad. She was just super thankful I'm still not the type to choose sides,I just do what seems right. I told her it was no problem,that we may no longer be as close but we were friends. I do still care about her. I'm not gonna be a little girl in highschool and not talk to her because she's my friends ex.
What she didn't know is the only thing that made it possible was the fact she was important to Allie and I somehow knew that.

Allie is still sleeping. Ally isn't crying anymore. She's just laying on Danny staring at the ceiling waiting for someone to give us something on Stevie. Danny just held her hand and rubbed his thumb against hers as he starred at the wall. One they got done with things to disrupt them of course. Moonshine is rubbing the leg of Ally who has her legs propped up on her. Which Moonshine was fine with. She needed the human contact from someone. Sense it was Stevie. She was glad it was here.

After a couple hours a Doctor had come to where we were sitting. He had blood on his shoes. Which scared me.

"Are you Stevie's family?" He asked.

"Yes!" Ally said raising up as fast as she could to make eye contact with the doctor over Stevie's case.

I gently shook Allie awake quickly like I promised her I would. When she sat up next to me she grabbed on to my hand for dear life. She automatically knew what was going on.

Allies POV

I felt I Suttle but fast shake frome someone. I realized Steph was waking me. She wouldn't have done it for nothing. So I shot up to see a doctor speaking to Ally. I grabbed Steph needing something to hold on to. Her being the perfect thing.

"There was a lot of swelling in the brain. We had to cut open the skull to let it out. While we tried to help the swelling it began bleeding. The amount of blood loss was great. We almost thought we wouldn't be able to control it. But luckily you have very good doctors on your side. We fixed everything. She's in recovery room now sleeping. But we won't have any idea on the effects until she's awake. The damage that could've been done is impossible to tell."

"So there's brain damage?" Danny asked

"We don't know. We won't until she wakes up."

"What do you mean you don't know! Is she going to be a vegetable is she paralyzed can she even speak?" Ally screamed about in tears.

"Mam,again,we won't know. With luck it could be nothing at all. "

Ally swelled up her fist ready to hit. But I caught one and Moonshine had the other.

"It's not his fault. Look at me Ally. Look at me. It's not his fault. It's not his fault. Stevie would want us to think postive. She wouldn't want you in jail for punching this guy when she wakes up either." I say calmly to her.

She un clenched her fist and what was once tight was look and fragil. He pulled me into her arms and begun sobbing

"I'm so glad you're okay little me. I honestly don't think I could do this without you. I'm lucky to have found you. I'm just so worried. She was gonna be my wife."

"Ally,was? She said yes you had a wedding planned? Well you were planning. She's not dead. She's gonna be fine." I said unconvincingly.

"Oh yeah, you were here."

"Ally wait, did you guys break up? Do you feel guilty is that the issue here?" I said becoming outraged until Steph placed her hand on my shoulder causing me to take slower breaths ti calm myself.

"Nicole no. You were in the hospital we had no idea how long it be until you woke up. We canceled it. All we could worry about was you. We weren't willing to get married and call ourselves a family without you. Without you. We aren't a family. Or at least it doesn't feel like one." She said softly.

"Wow,I'm sorry for snapping I just. I'm not all me again yet. Seeing my father shook me up okay. I love you. I'm happy to be here with you." I told her while hugging her once more.

Ally let Moonshine and Danny see her while she was still asleep but asked them to leave. When she woke up she'd like to go home to be with us. After everything that had happened she'd need some peaceful time woth just us.

We let Steph see too. I walked them all out the door and Moonshine went woth Danny to go home. Steph stayed for a moment to talk.

She grabbed both my hands

"I can't stay if you want"

"No Steph,I'm happy you're here. But it's time for you to go. Besides you've been here just as long as I have.. you need to go home to. I'll text you to let you know we got home safe and that Stevie wakes up okay?"

"That would be great babe."

'Babe?' I thought to myself

"Steph?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm really happy you're here."

I quickly gave her a kiss without thinking. I'm not even sure if she likes me. I feel terrified. Sick to my stomach.

"I'm sorry I just um I"

She cut me off kissing me back.

"Shh. We can do this again when things are less crazy. We'll talk later."

She said with a sly attitude walking off smiling as wide as could possibly be. I tried to be happy about it,but the happiness wore off. I still have the matter of how Stevie turns out.