Chapter 3

Ally's POV

"So,what's wrong? What happened?" You coukd hear the guilt is Steph voice. We don't understand why she's blaming herself. But some how she's taking this hard than we are.

"Well,we couldn't find anything wrong. We ran test after test. Her heart beat was safe her lungs are in perfect condition. You said she was hyperventilating? So the only thing we can conclude is she had an Anxiety attack which can come from a number of things. The lack of proper oxygen cause her to pass out. It's usually no big deal. But for some reason she hasn't woken up yet. Being out for this extended period of time isn't a good sign. We'll have to keep her here for observation. We think she might be in a coma. We'll do whatever we can to try to wake her up." The doctor spoke with a compassionate voice. Trying to put us at ease,but it did no such thing.

"Coma?? No,no,no. That's my family. She's my little girl she's the sister I've never had she's my world. She has to wake up she's gonna wake up right? She has to wake up. She's going to wake up!" Stevie cried out. She just kept repeating the last sentence.

"Guys I don't know what happened! I don't understand I'm so sorry I'm so so sorry! You don't have to forgive me I can't forgive me." Steph whispered the last part under her breath.

"Steph this isn't about you. You didn't do a fucking thing. This is about her. I just. I'm sure she was happy you were there. Can we take a moment to worry about fuck Allie Nicole for a minute." I spoke angrily at her. I regreted soon after.

"I didn't mean to have that tone I'm just. I'm scared okay?" I said bursting into tears.

Stevie wrapped her arms around me while still in my lap. Whispering in my ear that it's okay. That she'd wake up. But I'm not sure she was. Allie looked pale. She already looked dead..
Steph pulled her chair closer to the bed and took a tight grasp onto Allie's hand. She lightly kissed her on the forhead. Then kissed her cheek slightly longer. I didn't question. I just thought it was her coping with what had happened.

"You guys should not grieve. She is still alive. Very much so. Her head is functional. She can wake up from this. She isn't brain dead. She feels like she's sleeping. She's probably just dreaming about how amazing you people are right now." The doctor put her hand on Stevie's shoulder. She looked into my eyes and I knew to this doctor she wasn't just a patient. She saw us all as genuine people. I knew Allie would be taken care of.

End of POV

I don't know where I am. Everything is black. I can't move. I can't see or speak. I don't understand what's happening.

I feel something. Someone's holding my hand. I think this is my hand.

"I'm so sorry. I don't know what was happening you were breathing funny and yiu went out I didn't know what to do. I should've done something."

I could hear this voice clearly. It made my heart sink. It was Steph. I wanted to tell her that it wasn't her fault. That there's nothing she could've done. Whatever state I'm in. Whatever this is. It's not her fault.

I wanted to hold her. To steady her shaky hands. To warn her that my father could come to where ever it is we are. But then I heard a squeak. Almost like the bathroom door at home.
'Am I home?'

I could hear Steph apologizing. But it wasn't to me,maybe about me.but not to me. I started to feel nervous. Realizing that for her to be that bad. I must be that bad. I kept trying to talk. To move. But I couldn't do a thing. All I wanted to do was tell.my bestfriend that I was okay.

I heard other voices speak up. They're telling her thank you. That things are okay. These voices seem a bit more distant. They're harder to understand.

I heard the squeak again. This time I realized the squeak is louder than the one at the house. I'm not sure how I knew the difference. But I'd did.

I heard another voice. It was soothing it spoke calmly and compassionately. It made me feel calm. But it was also a little distant. I could understand few words. I hear the words "hyperventilating, anxiety, pass out, coma,wake up."

Coma? I'm in a coma? No,no I can't be. I pass out from anxiety and wake up all the time. I almost died from lack of blood and woke up. I can't be in a coma from this one. There's no way.

""Coma?? No,no,no. That's my family. She's my little girl she's the sister I've never had she's my world. She has to wake up she's gonna wake up right? She has to wake up. She's going to wake up!" This voice was louder than it was before. Much louder. Stevie! It was Stevie. She was upset and I couldn't be there for her. I wasn't in any physical pain. But this was the worst hurt I've ever felt. Not being able to heal the broken hearts of my loved ones cause mine to shatter.

Steph was apologizing again. I heard another loud voice. This one sounded angry. It was the other me. It was Ally.
Her voice started to break and I felt myself feel worse each time they spoke. I think Stevie tried to console her,but she didn't sound like she meant anything.

I felt hands on my left hand again. Grabbing onto me as of they were to ever let go,they'd be letting go of me forever. In the moment,I kinda felt the same. Soon after I felt lips against my skin. They were plump and soft. The kiss was so gentle so comforting. But Stevie's were thin and Ally's were bugger than this. I knew it had to be Stephs. She took her lips and placed them on my cheek. This time the contact lasted longer than before.
Her hands were still wrapped around mine. She had them placed up against her forhead. Maybe she was praying. But I felt a tear. At least I think it was.
I tried to move but each thought hurt.

But I kept fighting and fighting. Eventually the hand let go. I felt scared. But I decided to stop thinking from a moment. Cause thinking felt like bleeding.

Ally's POV

Steph let go of Allies hand. She just went to go get coffee. She wanted to stay. But we had to leave. I had food on at home and if Allie wakes up she's not waking up to a house caught on fire. Stevie and I held eachothers hands while trying to hold on to our sanity and gave Steph our sincerest goodbyes.