Chapter 16

Cammie had the doors locked. Music turned down low and a smile as big as the sun wrapped around her pretty little face.

"When did you get out? How are you,why are you out here?"

"Um just last night. I needed out to myself for a bit. You know,to take in the time I've missed. That's all."

Shannon shook her head
"I guess that mean we won't have to kill Stally and Stevie sense it was just last night. I guess they were waiting until you were ready."

"Yeah. That's it."

I could tell Cammie had gotten confused again.

"Still if it was just last night they wouldn't have let you out of the house.. they'd be holding you in their arms for dear life. They've been a wreck everyday. They just wouldn't have let you out. Allie,is there something you're not telling us?"

After Cammie had reached her arm back to place her hand on my knee Shannon has climbed in the backseat next to me.

"I can tell you're not okay. Come on,let us help you. We're family. I know you have a pretty big one so we probably aren't that important. But you're important to us. That's why we are your god parents. Cause if anything happens we want to be here for you. So if something happened,we will be." Shannon explained so casually. Causing what was suppose to be meaningful a little less meaningful at the time.

"I'm fine guys. Just tired. My head still hurts. I'm not full recovery."

"Another reason they wouldn't let you out of their site.." Cammie pushing it on.

"Guys,there's too much to explain. The story is too long for me to say and I'm just not sure if I'm ready to talk about this. I just want to get away for awhile." Spoken crudely.

By this time we had made it to their house.

"Why did you take me all the way here?" I rightfully asked.

"Sweetheart. You may have a lot going on. But when stuff goes wrong you run. You always have. It's the Ally Hills in you. If you need time to think. To get drunk. To break things. You can do it here. Where you'll be safe. Where we can get you out of trouble. For whatever reason you were walking away from home. You can deal with it with us until you're ready to go back home. But I'm not letting you run. We've all been cheering for you to stay with us. After everything. You're not leaving now." Cammie said sternly. With a motherly tone I've never heard her use.

"Okay.. But you know Ally and Stevie aren't really my mom's right?" I said trying to break the awkward tension Cammie's tone had given me.

"Ha. You might ad well be. If they had a love child. It definitely be you."

Shannon wrapped her arm around my neck and walked me inside. Not that I really wanted to. Thiugh,I was willing.

They let me breathe. They gave me space which I didn't expect. I expected them to sit me on the couch and force it out if me. But they're acting as if nothing happened at all. Like I wasn't even there.

I realized they were paying so little attention I could probably make it out of there. I could leave and make it to were they could fined me. So when the horrible movie they decided to watch began to get intense I went to the back of the house. The door was right there. Unlocked. Out of their sight. I went up to it but opened it slowly trying to avoid the squeak it gave. I had failed. It squeaked and their dog had begun to bark at me. Pouncing on me locking my entire face. I guess it missed me too.

Falling caused a big thump making Shannon and Cam think something bad had happened. So they storm back there to me.

"You still tried to run,you're worse than Ally." Shannon said in her own motherly tone.

It made me ashamed. Guilty. As if they were my moms.

"Where do you even want to run to? What is so awful that you can't even sit alone in your guest room? That we designed for you to have. "