Chapter 1: Back Together

CHAPTER 1: BACK TOGETHER???

SAM'S POV

Wow, I think. A new inn to stay at. There's PLENTY to be excited about.
My family checks into our hotel room and we have some dinner. I'm VERY tired, but I stay up. Then my mom asks, "You want to go to the pool?"
So me and my sister, Katie, change into our swimsuits and walk down. Oh wait, I forgot. I'm Sam. Until last summer I've had a pretty normal life, but that's when my six friends and I had an "adventure of a lifetime". It wasn't EXACTLY that, but I call it that. I have the power of magic (which I rarely use anymore) and got to battle weird creatures called Zabadoofs. I know, funny right?
Now, I enjoy the water slides in the inside pool until... wait, is that Anastasia?
"ANASTASIA? IS THAT YOU?" I call as I leave the water slide.
She turns her head towards me. "Hi, Sam!" I run up to her. "Haven't changed much since the last time I saw you. What brings you here?"
Then two VERY familiar faces come up. "HI SAM!" both yell.
"Sean! Shanna! What's up?" I exclaim.
I start to get nervous. Was it coincidental that some of my friends were here? But hold on, two extra people come in. One is Luke, and the other is Josh. "Hello people!"
Luke waves awkwardly and says, "Hi, Sam." Josh just says, "Word."
NOW I'm confused. "Okay, what's going on here?" I ask. "Who's behind all this?"
Everybody now looks as confused as I do. "Nothing." they all answer.
All of a sudden, someone taps me on the shoulder. I jump back. It's... LANDON? "Hello, Sam." he says.
I start to feel scared. "Something is going on here. It's impossible for this to be a coincidence. How is it possible for us to end up in the same place at the same time, huh? This is creepy."

ANASTASIA'S POV

Hi! My name is Anastasia. I happen to be one of Sam's friends.
I had to agree with Sam, it's creepy for the 7 of us to be in the same place at the same time for vacationing. "Hmm, you're kinda right, Sam."
That's when Luke spoke up. "Listen, I know being in the same place at the same time is kind of awkward. But here's what I don't get: Why is it so creepy? I mean, I know last year was fun and weird and all, but it shouldn't have anything to do with us!"
We all give Luke odd stares. Shanna sighs. "Listen, the fact that we all have powers is very special. And the adventure MUST have something to do with this."
Sean looks up. "And don't forget, we're still in danger, kind of."
I ask, "Why, Sean?"
Sam stands up and says, "Well, call me delusional, but I think that because we have powers, people are gonna try to use us for evil things, you know."
I shudder. I have a bad memory about that. Here goes.
So one day I was minding my own business, and some guy- a teenager, I think- comes up and looks at me weirdly. Then he says, "Hi babe, how about a date?" I ran away afterward. You see, I have the power of attraction, which allows me to distract bad guys by having them look at me. They will be hypnotized because I'm... pretty, I guess? I have gotten compliments about looking nice before.
So we got past that and started chatting. Then Sean asks, "Is that Luke.... wearing BLACK?"