Chapter 3: Explanations

CHAPTER 3: EXPLANATIONS

LANDON'S POV

Sam was the first to ask, "The 7 Deadly Sins? WHAT?"
All of us were pretty betwazzled by the news. I've heard of the Deadly Sins from church, but seeing them in real life? Inconceivable!
Luke nodded. "I thought they were just a fictional thing, from FMA, but apparently not. Another name for them is the homunculi. They are usually created by alchemy, whenever someone tries to bring a dead person to life. But for some reason, they are NOT homunculi. They seem fake." Luke explained. Luke sounded like he knew what he was talking about.
"How are they fake?" I asked.
"Well, they look more like normal humans than... weird creatures. And they look just like us. Now, I can't identify each of them, except for the fact that I heard names. This is weird."
"We need to get out of here." I said. We went over to the lobby doors; I pulled them open. They melted shut. Luke tried using his alchemy to blast them open, but it didn't work. Not surprising.
We were being held captive in The Lockwood Inn!
I started to shake. "What is going on?"
Then, just as I expected, Shanna screamed, louder than usual. I had to cover my eardrums to prevent them from bursting.
We went to each and every room we could find, trying to see if anybody was willing to help us. But all of the rooms were empty, and unoccupied.
We were not only trapped, but alone. Shanna screamed again.
Anastasia seemed scared too. "Guys, what are we going to do?"
"We'll be fine," I say, knowing it's a lie.

LUKE'S POV

This is insane. Fake homunculi. I don't know if I can handle this. "Okay everyone, we need to set up camp in one of the hotel rooms," I said, feeling a bit confident. We all took the stairs, because who even knew if one of the guards were in there? We found a room that was big enough. "Alright. Luke and I are going to keep watch." Josh commanded. "Our goal now is to stop the Sins."
"Hey, didn't Mr. Button say-" Anastasia started. "FORGET MR. BUTTON! WE'RE ON OUR OWN NOW AND HE CAN'T TELL US TO USE OUR POWERS OR NOT! WE HAVE TO SURVIVE THIS OURSELVES!" I yelled. That felt better. These Sins are really on my nerves. While not looking back at everyone else, Josh and I walked out the door.