Chapter 15: Relationships Form

CHAPTER 15: RELATIONSHIPS FORM

SAM'S POV

The next two days were nothing but torture for us.
Right after Elle blacked out, we looked around for help. A hunter came along and was kind enough to let us stay at his hut while he was hunting. And his hut had a first aid kit. The problem was, none of us knew first aid.
Elle woke up at about 9:30 in the morning, and it took us four hours to get the bullet out. And Elle was whining throughout all of it. After 1:21, I gave in and used my magic to get the bullet out.
Then we spent another hour trying to heal the wound. Afterward, Shanna gave Elle some pain medication, which made her fall asleep.
The next day, we decided to keep an eye on her. Elle didn't seem to be hurting anymore and didn't pass out.
So I asked Elle, "How about the two of us just go for a walk around the forest? You know, explore? You need to get your mind off things."
Elle nodded and said, "Sure."
I grabbed a lunch cooler (we hadn't eaten lunch yet and it was only 1:30) and yelled to Sean, Shanna, and Landon, "Me and Elle are going for a walk! We'll be back in about half an hour! Take care of everything!"
So after 5 minutes if walking, we found a bare spot to sit for a picnic lunch. After eating, we explored. I spotted a few bunny rabbits and a canary! All of a sudden, slow music started playing. I looked at Elle, who shrugged. Then she asked, "Want to dance?"
Well, I was surprised, plus I really didn't remember how to slow-dance. But it came to me when Elle put one hand one mine and the other on my waist. I did the same.
Later in the song, I twirled Elle like my sister taught me. We finished off and walked back, to find Sean, Shanna, and Landon clapping.

SHANNA'S POV

Sam asked, "How much of that did you see?"
I replied, "All of it. And good dancing."
"Thanks! I took a dancing club in 5th grade, which included slow dancing." Elle beamed. "And Sam was very good."
Sam blushed. "My sister taught me." he said.
Then we walked back. Sam and Elle were actually holding hands, which made me happy for those two lovebirds. As we got back, we saw the most terrifying thing.
A bear.
And the hunter with his gun out.
"Let's go somewhere else." Sam whispered. But the bear must've had good hearing, because he turned our way. He roared at us.
I was about to run when Sam whispered, "Just back away slowly." So we did, and the bear didn't care. He ran, which caused all of us to run. I hid in a bush with Landon. We saw Sam and Elle hide together in the hut.
But that was a bad idea, because the bear hid in the hut. And found them.
Uh oh.

ELLE'S POV

Me and Sam were hiding near a bed when the bear left for Sean. Then he came back.
We were trapped!
Sam attempted to use his magic power, but nothing happened. "What's happening?" I asked.
"My magic doesn't work in small spaces!" Sam yelled. "Can you change his feelings?"
"It doesn't work on animals1" I replied. "We're going to die!"
Sam grabbed my hands and said, "Well, Elle, if we're going to die, there's something I want to say."
"There's something I want to say." I replied.
"How about we say it at the same time?"
So we breathed and both said "Three, two, one.... I like you."
That's literally what we both said. I gasped. "That's really what you think?" Sam asked.
"Well, yes. You're very nice. And you actually care about me. Why do you like me?" I asked.
"First off, you're also very nice. And you're perfect. You're beautiful. You have one of the best singing voices ever. And I like your power."
While the bear was getting ready to slice our heads off, we put our heads closer together. I asked, "Sam, since we're here right now, and we're about to die, do you think we should?"
You know what I mean.
Sam said, "I guess so."
So we leaned towards each other and....
kissed.
Yes. We kissed.
Then we hugged as the bear got us, and everything went black..