Chapter 20: Finally Back Home and Epilogue

CHAPTER 20: FINALLY BACK HOME!

LUKE'S POV

We were finally able to get back home after two and a half months! So the 8 of us were walking, then a familiar street came into view. We were near the downtown area! We ran, then cheered and screamed even more.
People were crowding the streets and the sidewalks, cheering that we were finally back home. I saw banners saying, "WELCOME HOME" and all that jazz.
Sam told us, "Let's reunite with our parents, then get back together for one last walk."
I met up with all my parents and Trinity, and was bombarded by hugs. I was missed more than I thought I was.
But I didn't care. I was happy. What do I do now? Well, I guess we try to forget.

SAM'S POV

As I met up with my family, I was more happy than I thought. My older sister, Katie, gave me the biggest hug, and yelled, "I've missed you so much! Welcome home, Sam, welcome home!" while crying.
I then met up with Sean, Shanna, Elle, Luke, Josh, Landon, and Anastasia. We linked arms and walked down the streets, ending our insanely long adventure.
It was fun and all, but the main part that satisfied me the most was that I spent it with my friends.

EPILOGUE- THREE WEEKS LATER...

3rd POV

The Sins were thrown into a room with the door locked.
Envy took a look around and said, "Hey, guys, this doesn't look too bad. But what's so special?"
Then Sloth got a scared look on her face. She pointed forward and said, "Guys, look."
A fat man with a hairy chest was dancing shirtless in the middle of the room. All of the Sins screamed.

SAM'S POV

"What in the name of Jesus on a bicycle are you guys taking me to?" I asked as I was blindfolded and being led to somewhere random. Apparently it was a "surprise".
"You'll see," I heard Sean's voice say stealthily.
I swear, I have the weirdest friends.
We arrived and my blindfold was not removed as I was told to not remove it yet. A few minutes later, I heard a very familiar girl voice say, "What is this 'surprise' for me?"
I took off my blindfold just then. "E-Elle?"
Elle took off her blindfold as well. She didn't say anything but stared right at me, as if she wasn't expecting this. Well, duh, she wasn't. I didn't either.
The two of us slowly advanced (what, saying walking is too simple) towards each other, and grabbed each others' hands. After that, it was basically slow-dance mode.
At one point, I believe someone threw in a spotlight on us. I don't know if Elle noticed, but it was too bright in my eyes. I stopped dancing for a short period of time and yelled, "TURN THE DARN BRIGHTNESS DOWN!"
After that, things were better. While the dancing continued, Elle said, "I never thought I'd see you again. You never told me you lived here."
"Neither did you tell me you lived here," I replied soothingly.
To answer the question you're probably thinking about right now, yes, we kissed after the song. Then everyone started laughing and talking about random stuff for no real reason.
After that, we looked across into the night sky. I don't know if it was instinct or what, but I saw a small light going through the sky. Partly thanks to my mind power, I saw what it meant.
Elle looked at me oddly, saying, "Sam, what are you looking at?"
I pointed out the light, and said, "That light. It's a symbol of our adventures. And notice the small lights following it. That means that while it may not happen tomorrow, it may not happen next week, and it may not even happen next month, but somewhere, someday, sometime, a new adventure will spark. We will have to traverse again, probably for as long as we live. Our whole lives are adventures, just waiting to be explored." I took Elle's hand in mine just then. "We'll just have to wait and see what the future holds, as for now, we are not even close to finished with our epic adventures. And, we may have new people to join us along the way. We'll just have to see."
I knew I was right. All of us stared off into the sky and gazed at the lights.
Well, see you next adventure, I guess. May ours and your lives forever live on.

THE END