Chapter 13 Part 1: Moving On

CHAPTER 13 PART 1: MOVING ON

ELLE'S POV

I admit, this island didn't really seem like a good spot to stay. And I probably shouldn't have revealed the secrets of my past. But aside from Luke, everyone seemed fine with me. Even Josh- who isn't as weird as you think- seemed to appreciate me.
A couple of weeks passed, and we were fine. But then came one disastrous night. The eight of us were sitting down, eating dinner. All of a sudden I felt extremely dizzy, and then everything went black.
I woke up, feeling like I was held by someone bad. I was about to yell, but I heard a familiar voice say, "It's okay, Elle. It's me. You just blacked out."
I looked up to see Sam, holding me.
Wait.
HOLDING ME?
I admit, I wasn't expecting this. But I didn't have the time to say that, because I started coughing badly. I took my hand down and saw blood. "Okay! Get her water!" Luke yelled.
I closed my eyes to avoid the sight, and I felt a glass press to my lips, and I drank the water. It refreshed me, and I felt a little better.
Then I asked, "Sam, what happened?"
Shanna said, "Well, your eyes rolled into the back of your head, you flashed pale, and you passed out. You would've hit your head if Sam hadn't caught you."
I asked, "Sam, is this true?"
I looked at him, to see if that was true. He didn't say anything, but his eyes said one thing:
He really cared about me.
I hugged him. Of course, he hugged me back. All of a sudden, we heard an unfamiliar voice, saying, "Aw! Mind if I help you guys out?"
I turned to see Wrath in the doorway.

LUKE'S POV

Wrath got a metal boot kick to the face before he could say anything else. "GO AWAY!!" I yelled. "I'm just here to warn you that Father wants you to find this new Rock of Doom-" He showed us a picture and gave it to me "-or he's gonna kill you!" He yelled. "What happened to the old one?" I asked. "Gluttony ate it. I'm not even supposed to be here-" and he vanished. I turned around. Everyone had scared looks on their faces. "Why should we even be alive!? I'm tired of it- the Sins are making my- no, OUR lives miserable!" Josh yelled. "You guys wanna know why we're alive? Because of everything. When we ate fish-it gave us energy to survive. It's all connected. When we use our powers, we use everything. That's why we're alive." I said. Everyone paused for a moment, when Sam piped up, "That's it! One is me, all is the universe! It's like your alchemy Luke, you take things and deconstruct them and then reconstruct them-we're basically all little tiny circles of life!" He said. "That's it. Guys, get ready, because tomorrow will be one month." Sean said.

THE FOLLOWING MORNING...

"So, have you figured it out?" Our teacher asked. We explained, and she started laughing. We thought we failed, when she said- "Alright. Now the real training begins. Back to Hero Academy." We all cheered and whooped. When we were on the car ride back, Anastasia asked, "What if I could attract atoms and rearrange them into a different matter?" She asked. "That could never happen." I said. "What the heck, Luke? Everytime I come up with something, you rain on my parade. I thought you liked me." She said. 'She thinks she's better than me- I can take her down in a fight.' I thought.
Sam must've read my mind, because he said, "Then a fight it is! Anastasia, Luke thinks he can take you down. What do you say?" He asked. She nodded. "Alright. What are you gonna do? Wink at me?" I asked sarcastically.