Chapter 17: Thrown Into Battle

CHAPTER 17: THROWN INTO BATTLE

LUKE'S POV

"Clever thinking, Sam!" I gave him a small high-five. "What did you do?"
"Envy received five blank pieces of paper. He'll be mad, but by the time he finds out, we'll be away somewhere else. And why didn't you give up the rock of Doom?"
I decided to stop talking there. If Envy came for the Rock of Doom and the clues, he obviously wanted to do something... evil with them. I don't know, that's just a theory. But the others were scared as it is, so I decided I'd wait to tell them.
Later, we decided to continue our search for home, with no luck. We found a few recognizable places, but not anything new in particular. Then, some guy came along. He asked us, "Where are you kids going?"
"Nowhere." I said nervously.
"Okay." the man walked away. "But I heard somewhere down the road that there's some battle going on downtown. In the battle, I saw some kids who look just like you."
That got my attention. The Sins were up to something. But what?
Sam asked the man, "Where exactly is downtown?"
The man smiled and replied "Take two lefts and then a right, then go straight. You can't miss it; it's attracting a crowd!"

ANASTASIA'S POV

As we walked down to where the Sins were fighting each other, I felt nervous. What if it was a trap?
I saw each of the Sins turn our way one by one as they stopped fighting. I whispered to Sam, "Maybe we should go back. This doesn't look good."
"No," Sam replied. "We have to do this. It's our fate."
That word. Fate. It worried me. If fighting the Sins was our fate, then what wasn't? What about Father? Sam walked straight up to Envy and said, "Let's go somewhere else. Finish this once and for all."
"All right." Envy said devilishly.
Next thing I knew, we were at the top of a high building. I almost screamed, but as soon as I saw my alter ego- Sloth- I got into my fighting mode. I gave her a hard blow in the face, and she did the same to me. Which hurt.
So that's when Envy asked, "Well, how should we do this?"
Luke replied, "It should be like this: Whoever who represent you fight with, one by one. That makes things fair."
"All right then." Wrath -who was Josh's lookalike- said.
It was on.