Chapter 4: Escape

CHAPTER 4: ESCAPE

SHANNA'S POV

Let's just say, it's not fun waiting in a hotel room. I know Luke said we didn't need our powers, but now I have second thoughts. I decided to check on Sean.
When I got there, Sam seemed to be annoying Sean. I mean, he was jumping around and saying random things. Eventually, Sean reached his boiling point. "SHUT UP!"
But Sam didn't shut up. He just yelled, "NO!" and went back to being crazy.
I mean, Sam's a great friend and all, but things like that make me question my friendship with him.. Oh well.
I speak up for the first time in about an hour and fifteen minutes. "Okay, I'm getting sick and tired of being stuck here. If ANYBODY can think of an idea to escape, I'm all for it."
Anastasia stands up as well. "Shanna, you're actually right. I mean, come on, sure, we are much more safe in here. But it's getting kind of boring. And, Luke and Josh haven't come back yet. Is anybody else worried about them?"
Sam shuts up for once. "I've been getting worried too. And I have a plan to escape."
Sean didn't agree with us. "Look, Luke and Josh said they were going to look for resources in the other hotel rooms. Who knows how long that takes?"
Landon had the final opinion for us. "Sorry Sean, but I agree with everyone else. Luke and Josh could've run into the Sins or even got captured. And if that happens, what would we do? Whatever idea Sam has, I'm ready."
We all look at Sam, to hear what he has to say. "Okay, here's my plan. See that air duct up there? It's big enough for all of us to crawl through. Landon, you need to get up there and pull the cover off for us. I don't know where the ducts lead, but anywhere is probably better than here. Who's with me?"
Anastasia raises her hand first. "Count me in."
I raise my hand. "Sounds like a good escape."
Landon just fist bumps. "Okay, Sam."
Then we all look at Sean. He appears to be thinking, and finally, he says, "Sounds a little risky, but I guess I'm in."
I get myself ready for freedom.

SAM'S POV

Getting out of Lockwood Inn didn't sound easy to me. I know, everyone agreed with my plan. But I don't feel the most.... reliable. I don't feel like my plans work out that much.
So anyway, I discovered that Landon not only can jump high and float, but he moves faster than most of us, and he can walk on walls and even ceilings! That came to GREAT use for us.
After Landon pulled the grating off, I was the first to climb up to the vent. Next was Anastasia, then Shanna, then Sean, and finally Landon.
The vent wasn't big enough to stand in, but pretty big, nonetheless. After a while, though, Sean began to have second thoughts. I know that because with my magic, I can read minds. =)
He asked, "What if Luke and Josh come back? I wonder what will happen."
Shanna replied, "Relax, Sean. They might be mad, sure, but as long as WE get out, everything will be all right."
After a while we found a branching 4-way path. Anastasia got scared. "Sam, which way do we go?"
I sense which path leads where using mind power. The left path went outside. "The left way."
After a few more twists and turns, I finally see a light. "There's a light! See?"
I push the grating there off. I wasn't careful when getting out, because I tumbled to the ground, which caused everyone to start laughing. I yelled, "SHUT THE HECK UP!"
One by one, the rest jumped out. Shanna yelled, "FREEDOM!" when she touched the ground.
We started walking, with no sense of where we would go. Anastasia asked, "What should we do now, Sam? Home is very far away by walking."
And that's why I said, "Looks like it's up to us to survive."

ANASTASIA'S POV

Hello again!
After Sam said, "Looks like it's up to us to survive." I asked, "What do you mean?"
Sam turned to me. "Our parents have abandoned the hotel. I don't know how or why, but the hotel is abandoned. We need to make a temporary shack to live in, and we shouldn't use our powers. We need a place to eat and sleep in, you know."
So we gathered up wood to build a house. I guess Sam thought building a shack normally was too hard, because after we gathered enough, he controlled the wood with mind power. All of us glared at him, and he said, "What? I'm making things easier."
I sighed. Sam could be a little bit overprotective.
After we made the shack, it was almost night. Luckily, Sam got our bags over!
So we decided to get some sleep. After all, it WAS a pretty long (and hard!) day. I didn't know we were being watched though....