Chapter 9

After Tom brought Lane to the other room I started to drift off to sleep. I had a terrible nightmare about my whole family dying along with Lane and Chase. I woke breathing heavy and covered in sweat. I'm not sure how long I had been asleep but I can tell you one thing, I don't want to go back to sleep for a while now.

I just sat there for a while ignoring my leg who was still practically screaming in pain. After about 2 hours I heard footsteps outside of the room I was inside of. The mystery person finally entered my room and I found out it was just Chase which I was kind of relieved about since I had started to build up my nerves. He walked over to the chair I was in and just started talking even though he knew I couldn't reply to any of the things he was saying.

"Hey, what happened to your leg?" He asked with concern. I tried to reply by just looking into his eyes but I think he figured out what happened to me on his own.

"My uncles did this to you didn't they? I'm so sorry for not being able to help you," he said with sadness. "Have they fed you and your boyfriend anytime recently?" I shook my head signaling that I hadn't. I don't even know where Lane so I don't know if he has had anything to eat or not.

"Would you like some food or water? I can help with that, if nothing else. Where did you boyfriend go anyways?" I nodded for the first remark, and I shrugged my shoulders for the second even though it kind of hurt just to move at the moment.

"Ok I will be right back," he said turning around and leaving. I hope he keeps his word and does bring me some food or water. Either would be fine right now.

Well he kept his promise about that. He brought me a cup of water and an apple.

"Okay I'm going to take off your gag now, please don't scream, if you scream then they will know I'm helping you and I can't do it ever again then," Chase told me. His hands reached up to take the gag off, I winced when the touched me but I let him take the nasty thing off. After it was out of my mouth, he held the cup of water to my lips and tilted the cup a bit where some of the water would enter my mouth. It felt so good to have my mouth not dried out, the water tasted like heaven. He made me drink it slow, even though I could probably chug the whole thing down in less than twenty seconds.

After I polished off the water, he took out a pocket knife which I kept my eye on closely. I still don't trust this kid totally. He cut the apple in small enough pieces where I could eat them. When I finished the apple and water I managed to croak out in a whisper "thank you," he looked at me with sympathy and said,

"No problem, but I'm sorry that I have to put this terrible thing back on you." He was pointing to the gag but I knew he had to do it or he would get caught. He gently put it back on unlike his uncles. With one more look of sadness he left the room, and closed the door