Chapter 24

I woke up to white walls everywhere, I was laying in a bed which was not comfortable at all. My first thought was that I died, then I thought I was in a mental institute or something but I then realized that I was back in a stupid hospital. All the memories started rushing back into my mind, that's when I remembered Lane, when he got shot. Just the thought of him dying from a bullet wound almost made me cry. I couldn't lose him now, we had been through way to much together. I was hoping he was okay but I didn't even know how long I had been out. There was no one else in the room when I woke up from my slumber so I had no one to ask. I just felt exhausted even if I had just woken up, it felt like I had been hit by a train. My whole body ached, and I must have been on some type of pain killer medicine that makes me delusional because I was seeing a pretty white unicorn and he was frolicking in my room and then he ate a rainbow. Wow, I needed to just go to sleep again and hope that every things back to normal when I wake up.

When I awakened once more, everything was back to normal, thank goodness. No more frolicking unicorns running around eating rainbows. I noticed that Chase was in my room sitting in one of the hospital chairs. He was starring at the floor, I guess he was just thinking about something. He noticed that I was awake and starring at him after a few minutes past.

"Hey! How are you feeling?" He asked excitedly.

"I'm doing alright, my body still aches a little bit, especially my shoulder," and replied.

"Oh that's great! Well I guess you should know that they caught Eddy and Tom and they are in a very secure prison," Chase exclaimed.

"That's a relief!" I smiled.

"Yeah, I was so glad when I heard that. The EMS guys had already took us when they caught them."

"Oh okay, well it must have been a while after they took me then," I responded.

"Yeah it was, you were going crazy, no offense or anything, but that's the truth," he said.

"It's alright, I already know that!" I told him. That's when I remembered about Lane, and I thought that he would probably know.

"What happened to Lane?" I asked. He didn't seem like he really wanted to answer the question, he kind of just looked down at his feet.

"Well he is alright," he answered quietly.

"Where is he?" I questioned.

"Well you see he is in coma, and he has been for quite a few days. The doctor said, that they don't know when he will wake up. It could be days or it could be months," he explained. I was in complete shock with his response but I was just glad that he wasn't dead, but what if he never wakes up. I mean that was a very big "if" right there. The conversation between Chase and I died down quite a bit after he told me about Lane. I was defiantly surprised that he was alright after that wound but I was just so happy too!

"The bullet wound didn't hit any major organs, that's the only reason he's still alive right now," Chase told me. Well that must be rare for that to happen, but if it had to happen to anyone I was glad it was Lane. I wonder how long I still have to stay in this stupid bed, it's not the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. I mean if your going to have a hospital, you would think that they would make it nice for there patients but evidently this hospital doesn't know that. With all of that talking and sleeping I had finally gotten hungry and a bit thirsty. I looked around and saw that there wasn't anything to eat around here but I did see a sink at the wall opposite from my bed. I would have to get out of that bed and walk all the way over there to get some, which I didn't really think was worth having to use all of that energy.

My parents walked in a few minutes later and looked at me like I was a jewel. I was so excited to see them again, it feels like years since I had seen them.