Chapter 21

Chase's Point of View:

I was very reluctant to leave Courtney and Lane in that room but I really didn't have a choice at that point. Matt led me back into the kitchen without saying a word. I decided to just sit down at the table in one of the wooden chairs. If I was allowed to actually suggest stuff I would suggest that they put some cushions in those things because they were terribly hard on your tush, but it was a very nice place to sit and think. Even when people kept coming in and out of the room and making lots of noise. I did find out though that the front door, the door we will probably use to escape, does not have any security camera's and it's only through one other door that has two locks on it. The only problem about escaping was that I would have to figure out how to get Courtney and Lane out of there room with out Eddy, Tom, or Matt hearing, because there was like four or five locks on that door and a few were quite loud when you unlock them. Thank goodness though, that was one of my only worries I had most of the rest of the plan figured out. I just hope that everything works out right when the time comes to put this plan in to action. Eddy and Tom hadn't been so strict on me the last couple of days though so I had been exploring inside of the places I could go, checking for escape routes. The only one I had found that would work, was the one I have already told you. I really didn't think Eddy and Tom had really made this place escape proof.

A few hours later, I was still sitting in the kitchen just trying to think when I heard a conversation between Eddy, Tom, and Matt.

"This is starting to get old, we are keeping them here and we aren't getting anything from it. We really should ask for a ransom from there parents, I mean they aren't doing us any good just sitting here anymore and we need the money anyways," said Tom.

"I will agree they sure aren't doing us any good but how much will we ask?" Matt asked.

"I say fifty thousand dollars from each, or one hundred thousand for both. It would sure help with the financial situation, and after we get rid of them we can get out of the country," Eddy explained.

"But what are we going to do with Chase?" questioned Matt.

"He isn't much bother at all usually, we probably could just give him back to his mom and she wouldn't believe a thing he says, but we might be able to get some money out of him too if we try to ask ransom for all three of them and ask the girls parents. They look the wealthiest!" Tom exclaimed.

"Yea we should get the girl to call her parents about it," Eddy said.

"Okay let's go do it then," Tom agreed. Then I heard footsteps coming from left hallway. I tried to look like I was just sitting there deep in thought. I guess I did a pretty good job because I don't think they even really noticed I was there. All three of them continued to the room where they were keeping my two friends and unlocked it. I mean you could hear those locks a mile a way when they unlocked them. I could hear voices but I couldn't hear what they were saying, it just sounded like a bunch of jumbled up sentences to me. I then heard a higher voice, which I figured was Courtney's but then the guys must have taken the phone away from her because all I heard after that was deep voices. I hoped that they would either pay the ransom or we could somehow escape. I had noticed that at night everyone sleep, no one stands guard anymore, so I hoped that there loss wouldbe our gain.

A few minutes later the men came back into the kitchen but didn't acknowledge that I was there again. I couldn't tell if they were just ignoring me or if they just didn't even know I was there. I did try to be as unnoticeable as possible, so I guess it worked.

Courtney's Point of View:

I was just laying on the floor for what seemed to be forever, I heard multiple footsteps heading toward the room we were in. The people unlocked the door, and Eddy, Tom, and Matt came in with a cell phone in Tom's hand.

"Okay, you are going to call you parents and ask for help and that's all you have to do but don't try anything or else," Eddy explained. They walked over to me and told me to press in my parents phone number. I did what they said but I didn't really know if I should try anything or not. It might be our only chance. I decided that wasn't such a good idea when I felt the tip of a knife poking into my back. I heard my mom pick up the phone.

"Hello," she answered.

"Hey mom!" I exclaimed.

"Hey sweetheart! Where are you? I've been worried sick," she said worriedly.

"Mom I really need your help, please help us!" I yelled while Eddy kept pushing the knife in to my skin. Tom then took the phone away from me and started talking to my mom himself.

"Hi, if you ever want to see you daughter and her friends again you will pay the ransom of one hundred and fifty thousand for all three of them or just fifty thousand for your daughter. We will be patient enough for two weeks before we do anything...extreme," he explained evilly. He suddenly just hung up on her. How rude, I thought. Then they all started walking out of the room but Matt stayed a few steps behind the rest of them.

"Good job! Just do what they say and I will try to get you out of here as soon as I can," he whispered to me. Like I was going to trust him though, I mean seriously he just stabbed me. So I doubt that he will actually help us at all, he just wants part of the ransom money. I really was surprised that they did ask for ransom though, because it always sounded like they would never let us go, that they would just keep us here forever and torture us. I am kind of thankful that they did though but I doubt that my parents will have enough money to even pay one of our ransoms. I bet they didn't even bother calling Lane's parents since they really don't even care about him, because I mean its pretty obvious that they wouldn't pay a single cent for him. Poor kid!

************

So what do you think should happen? Comment with your answer. I am hoping to update soon! Thanks for reading!

Vote/Comment/Follow and anything else you can do

Thanks!