Chapter 22

I guess we will just have to find a way to escape. Of course I have been saying that since we came here and we still haven't found an escape route yet. I will just have to start thinking harder is this subject I guess.

A few hours pasted before anything happened, and even after the few hours there wasn't much happening. It was just that Matt brought us some food and water but that's about it. We have a pretty boring life in this place. Lane woke up and since I was so bored and I thought that he might be bored as well, I decided that we should have a good ole conversation.

"So what do you think of this ransom business?" I asked him.

"Well I don't know, I never thought they would even ask a ransom for us, I thought they would keep us here till we died," he responded.

"I agree, I thought the same thing but I know my parents won't be able to get enough money for one of us, so especially not all of us," I answered disappointingly.

"Well my parents will not pay a single penny for any of us so they won't help at all. I bet Chase will find a way out of here if nothing else, since he can at least look around the house a little bit," he exclaimed.

"I sure do hope so, this place is totally getting on my nerves now."

"I think it's getting on all of ours nerves," he answered.

"True, Matt said something about getting us out of here, but I doubt that he will, he just wants a part of the ransom money, like everyone else."

"Yeah, I don't trust him, just like I don't trust any of the others," he uttered.

"I will have to say that they haven't hurt us this time near as much as they did last time which I am quite thankful they haven't," I told him.

"Yup, especially me, they've hurt you more then they have me, I wish they would just get tired of us and let us go," he answered back.

"Don't we all wish that, but of course that will never happen, they either get there money and let us go, they keep us till they get some type of money, or we escape and they get nothing but a jail sentence," I explained. He just nodded his head in response to my statement. We didn't really say much after that, I don't know exactly why but I thought it might have been because he knew what I said was true and I knew it was true, meaning that we would have one tough time getting out of here, but we already knew that. With all of that talking it started to make me tired, so I fell into another dreamless sleep.

When I woke up, it was dark, so I was guessing it was night time, but there was light coming from where the door was. I saw a figure standing in the doorway, I couldn't make out who it was but it was defiantly a male figure. He just stood in the doorway for quite a few minutes, I don't know what in the world he was doing though. The figure started to walk toward us slowly and it looked like with caution. It seemed like he didn't want to make any sound but he needed to get us quickly. He got closer with every step but he wasn't close enough for me to be able to see his face. Right when he was about to step right in front of me, another bigger figure stepped through the doorway and started coming towards us as well. Lane wasn't even awake he was still sleeping through all of this. I had tried to shake him a little to wake him but he wouldn't budge. Both of these people just looked like shadows but I knew that wasn't so. While the first figure had stopped the other was still moving quickly over to where the first one was. The first one started to get closer and then I recognized who it was. It was Chase! I was so happy to see him but what about the other one, oh gosh I bet it was Eddy or Tom. If they caught Chase doing whatever he was doing he would beat us up instead of him because you know, that was what they said they would do. Chase came and whispered in my ear,

"I am going to get us out of here, if it's the last thing I do." He said it low enough that the other figure couldn't hear him. The second person did finally get close enough where I could tell who it was. Turns out that it was Matt, which really scared me, because he would probably tell on Chase and then we would all get beaten up once again. He looked at Chase and then back at Lane and I.

"How did you get in here and what are you doing?" he asked quietly to Chase.

"With great skill and that's for me to know and you to find out," Chase replied. I though it was a pretty good answer, almost kind of rude but who cares right?

"Well I could wake the rest up and I bet they could get a very good answer out of you," Matt answered.

"Fine, I came in here to save my friends and I from this terrible torture chamber," Chase explained. Matt didn't say anything after Chase explained his plan. He just kind of looked at him then left. It was very odd and kind of awkward but he still left so I guess we might just escape here tonight, unless Matt goes to tell Eddy and Tom our plan then we would be severely punished.