three

As he places his hands on my waist, I smell his cologne and I want to drag him into the car and let him take me right there. But instead of acting on that desire, I rise on my tip toes and meet his lips half way in an innocent kiss. Or so I thought. His hands slide down my back, pulling me closer to him and I gasp as I fall into his chest. Now, there really is no space between our needy bodies and he leans against the car to let my body lay on his. My fingers twist into his hair and give a tug when his tongue slides across my bottom lip, only making me lean further into his hips.

    "Mm, baby girl," he moans, "we should get going."

    He's right, my neighbors are probably wondering who the hell is making out in front of their house. Harry gives me one last kiss and helps me into his car. The interior is just as sleek as the exterior, with all black leather seats and silver accents.

    "Last night was fun, Violet." The way he said my name was stirring. "Has anyone ever kissed you like that before?" his hand leaves the gear shift and rests on my leg above my knee, sending sparks through out my body.

    "No." No one has ever kissed me, but he didn't need to know that.

    "Good." his hand works his way up my leg, stopping when he reaches the end of my skirt and that's where it stays until we arrive at the gallery.

✧ ✧ ✧

    Tonight, I learned that Harry can stare at a painting for a good half hour, no matter how simple it was. He managed to see the beauty in everything. Even the paintings that seemed like the artist had to be blind to create it.

    "Do you see couple?" Harry asks. His brow furrowed in deep concentration on the painting. I look around confused at his question.

    "Harry, we're the only ones here." That's how long we've been here. The gallery is technically closed, but Harry knows the owner, so we're permitted after hours. He tugs me back to face the painting with his arm around my waist.

    "No, look closely."

All I see is a fiery chaos, Harry must be hallucinating because there is no—holy shit, I see it.

    "Oh my God." I whisper. In the midst of the fire, there is a silhouette of a couple embracing each other. It's created from the smoke and ashes of the blazing fire. This gives the painting a whole new meaning.

    "It's not a glimpse into hell,"

    "It's the burning passion of lovers." And now I know understand why Harry takes his time observing art. Harry leaves me to explore the painting more while he chats with the owner. I have never been one to analyze art like that. It was fun uncovering what the artist was truly trying to portray.

    "Darling, you ready?" Harry wraps his arm around my waist, bringing me closer to his strong figure.

    "Mhm." I take one last look at the painting before we turn to head out. I check my phone as we walk down the sidewalk and see my mother's texts asking where I am. I let her know I'll be home later and not to worry. Knowing her, she's probably downing the last of her sleeping pills with a bottle of white wine, so there's no need to rush to get home.

✧ ✧ ✧

    "What was your favorite piece?" his hand returning to its spot on my thigh as we drive the empty streets.

    "Definitely, "Blazing Souls", that was beautiful. What about yours?" I turn towards him with a smile. I like talking to with him. I like getting to know him.