eleven

There's pounding in my dream and I reach for Harry in the sheets, but he's not there. I wake up in a panic and realize the pounding is coming from downstairs. Who's at Harry's door at two in the morning? What if it's my father, fück. I sneak to the railing where I can see the front door and see Harry in nothing but his boxers walk to the door. Great impression if it's my father. Might as well just say we've fücked and got it all on film.

    Before opening the door, he looks through the peep hole and I hear him curse under his breath. It's totally my father. I'm fücking dead. Fearing for my life, I throw my pants on and grab my things. This is it. Goodbye world, it was fun while it lasted.

    "Harry! I haven't seen you in so long!" a woman sobs downstairs, her words were slurred indicating she is wasted out of her mind.

    "Why are you here? You need to go." he doesn't seem to be consoling her one bit. In fact, he seems annoyed. I guess that's understandable because it is two in the fücking morning. But still there's a sobbing woman at your doorstep. There must be some terrible problem.

    Maybe I might be of some help. I am a woman, well, eighteen-year-old girl technically, but I could see what I could do. I slowly go down the stairs, neither one of them noticing.

    "Harry, I miss you!" she throws his arms around him and he just lets it happen.

    "Lindsay, you need to go. Now." his voice stern and now I'm even more curious as to who this girl is. Clearly she's an ex-girlfriend, but from when and how long were they together? Why did they break up? Did he break her heart?

    "Harry, I miss you so much." she's balling her eyes out at this point and Harry takes her arms off him and steps back into the apartment.

    "Lindsay, you need to leave or I'm going to call security." Oh shït. He really doesn't like her. She wipes her eyes and picks up her purse and what's left of her dignity. Poor girl. He shuts the door and lets out a heavy sigh before turning around.

    "Who was that?" I'm still standing at the bottom of the stairs in complete confusion.

    "Just some girl who doesn't understand the words 'it's over'" he runs his hand through his hair and meets me on the stairs. Hands slip under my shirt and my body is glued to his. He kisses my neck and I wrap my arms around his neck. He was just yelling at his ex and within two minutes he's all over me. I feel like I should be skeptical, but I don't know any better and his lips feel so good against my skin.

    "Why'd you put your pants back on?" he fiddles with the metal button.

    "I thought my father was at the door." I laugh.

    "Oh god, I'd be a dead man." he bites my soft skin under my jaw. "C'mon let's go back to bed." he guides me up the stairs by the small of my back and we get back in bed.

✧ ✧ ✧

    It's a beautiful day today. Ashley and I are sat under a tree at our favorite restaurant, catching up on the events of this past week. It's Friday afternoon and both of us are quite exhausted from the past few days, but excited for what the weekend holds.

    "So she just showed up drunk and crying her eyes out for him?" Ashley sips on her iced tea, very intrigued in my story from the previous night.

    "Yeah, it was really strange. I didn't say anything though because there isn't much he can do about crazy ex-girlfriends." It's not his fault he dated girls that ended up being clingy and psychotic. I didn't ask about it in the morning either.

    "So are you guys just hooking up?"

    "Yeah that's what he told me." harry and mine's conversation replays in my head. "Am I crazy for wanting to see only him and getting jealous that he sees other girls?"