Chapter Twenty

Pierce and I arrived at Park Edge within twenty minutes. The drive was silent and fast pace. I think both of us were deep in thoughts about Scarlett. Getting her back home safe and sound. We had park at the exact spot as Scarlett's car. I could smell her scent wispying through the night.

Her scent played with my nostrils, sending shivers down my spine. Mate. I still hadn't wrapped my head around the thought that somebody had kidnapped Scarlett. We came out the car and started to follow the trail of the scent. But when we arrived at the spot where she was kidnapped the scent had gone.

What the fuck?

"Something is wrong here..." Pierce said.

"I know. The scent just disappeared. And what's really funny too, I don't even smell the scent of her kidnappers. As if they masked the scent." I told him.

"But how would they do that?" Pierce asked.

"I'm not sure. But this situation just got real, real quick. Which will make it challenging to locate her now." I hissed a curse under my breath.

"Just fucking great! We're screwed." Pierce shouted. The birds that hang languidly on the tree branches flew away in terror.

"Calm down Pierce, we're going to find her. Just calm down." I told him in a calm tone.

"How the fuck can I calm down when I can't find my sister? I feel helpless right now." Pierce says in a sharp tone.

"Well panicking isn't going to help!" I growled at him. The beast was trying to surface. But I kept it under control. "We're going to find her and bring her home safely. Do I make myself clear?"

"Fine!" I glared at him. He took a deep breath, "I'm sorry. Your right panicking won't help the situation."

"What now?" He asked a short while after.

I didn't know my next move. I was blank. But I kept my composure well all together. I closed my eyes trying to detect Scarlett's scent, but I got nothing. Come on Julian you can do this. Concentrate. A gust of wind blew and that's when I got caught of the kidnappers scent. A shewolf?

I open my eyes and saw blood on the ground. Scarlett was fighting another shewolf?

"Is something wrong?" Pierce asked. Not wanting to frighten him any further I shaked my head in response indicating no.

"Well let's go then. We need to figure out a way to see if we can try and locate her before things get out of hand." Pierce said.

We went back to the cars. I told Pierce I'll drive Scarlett's car home. He had found a spare key in her room and gave it to me. We drive smoothly, one behind the other. Her car gave away nothing. Her scent was strong and it made me miss her even more. I only hope that nothing bad happens to her or I swear to God I'm killing everyone that such as lay a finger on her.

~~~Scarlett's Pov

It had been hours since I was kidnapped. I was still in pain but not as before. I struggle to get up off the floor. I wasn't healing and that wasn't good for my wolf. I still had a huge cut on my torso. My knees were trembling, with some bit of fear in them. But it was only because I was still weak from my wound.

My throat burn, I was drenched in my own sweat. I was sticky and my body desperately screamed for a shower. I lean upon the cold concrete wall, pain still bobbing through my weak, limp body.

"Why the fuck am I here?" I said into the empty darkness.

"That's a good question. The only response I got from her was that you took something that belong to her. The question is what?" The male voice replied back to me.