Chapter Fourty - Seven

Why Chase You, When I'm The Catch.

*

***Julian's Pov 

It was minutes to eight when Chazz and I pulled up to the Ross's mansion. The parking lot was full with all sorts of expensive looking cars and limousines that were lined up neatly on the asphalt ground. Valets conglomerated outside the Ross's mansion entrance patiently awaiting the arrival of guests and celebrities to attend the gala of the century.

I brought my vehicle at a stop at the entrance, where a valet was readily waiting upon our arrival. Chazz and myself, along with two other men, for security purposes, exited the car. I throw the young valet my keys and warned him not to let anything happen to my vehicle, or else he wouldn't like the consequences. The young lad paled at my comment, nodding his head that he understood what I was saying to him. I shake my head at the young man as he was clearly about to collapse under my strict gaze.

Chazz came out the car along with the other two men. I went around to the passenger side and the valet went around the driver's side.

"Breathe Jules. The time is right and you're about to claim that beautiful mate of yours tonight." He said as his hand rested on top of my shoulders. I slightly nod my head in agreement. The valet took my vehicle and placed it in one of the empty slots that was available in the parking lot. Me, along with my men followed the rest of patrons that were invited to this spectacular event. As we approach the ballroom doors, we were in awe at how lavishly the place has transformed, it was nearly impossible to register that this was still the Ross's household.

The crystal celing chandeliers were beautiful and enormous, hanging languidly over the massive crowd of patrons here for tonight's event. Everyone was clad in expensive gowns and tailor made suits, sipping lightly on white champagne as they all engaged in light conversations with friends and business associates. But this gala wasn't the typical ballroom setting type of event. Instead, there was a DJ that was spinning wicked mixes on the turn tables.

I looked around the room and there was no sign of Scarlett presence anywhere. I was handed a champagne flute, filled with bubbly white wine. I took it from his grasp and mumbled a quick thanks. He stood next to me with his hand in his all black Givenchy custom made two piece suit pants pocket.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

I took a sip of my champagne. "I will be once I see my mate."

"You will mate." He reassured me. I took another champagne glass off the tray of the passing waiter, as I exchanged the empty glass for a full one. R Kelly's song Happy People was blasting through the speakers. Men and women paired up with each other dancing to this classic tune. I could see people laughing and enjoying themselves immensely, as they got caught up in this whirlwind of excitement. My two extra men seem to be having fun dancing to the tune with two women. One with dark hair and the other with red hair.

The music came to an end and everyone in the room started clapping, as the power couple of the night made their way on the stage, Mr and Mrs Ross.

"Everyone good night, welcome to our annual gala." Mr. Ross started off. Cheers of excitement spewed throughout the room. "It's that one time of year where myself and my gorgeous wife," staring down at her in awe before continuing. "Put on the best event of the year for the whole werewolf nation to enjoy."