Chapter Twenty - Two

~~~Jaxton's Pov

I was furious with Elana about what she had done. She's going to jeopardize my entire pack because of her love for Julian Cesario. I stormed into my office angrier than a pack of wolves combined.

"What the fuck have you done Elana?!" I yelled. She jumped in her seat.

"What are you talking about?" She innocently asked.

"You damn well know what I'm talking about. His mate! Are you fucking kidding me right now, you've put the entire pack in jeopardy because you are hopelessy, and crazily in love with Julian Cesario." I replied.

"I am not hopelessly in love him. He loves me too." She pleaded fiercely.

I glared at her, my eyes flashing with anger in them. Who'd she fooling? Elana fell in love with Julian when she first laid eyes on him. When he came to my pack one day and we formed an alliance to keep our pack safe from any unwanted threats. She stumbled in on us in my office, he helped her regain her balance and let's just say the rest is history. To be honest, I always thought that they were going to get married, but Julian wasn't the man to be tied to one woman forever. He still went out and had sex with different women, and Elana would cry to me about "It's over" and how she meant it this time. I blame Elana for this. I blame her for not seeing that Julian is not the man for her, like literally he isnt, now that he found a mate.

I took a seat in my chair to gather my thoughts on this situation. I rubbed my temples with my middle fingers, I could feel a migraine coming on.

"You need to release her, Elana. He won't stop till he finds her." I told her flatly.

"What?! Are you serious right now?" She said getting angry. "I'm not releasing that bitch for no one, not until I get Julian to be mine."

I stared at her, thinking how stupid she is. My brows crease together trying to fathom her notions for kidnapping an Alpha's mate. And not just any mate, but Alpha Julian Cesario's mate. Make no mistake, he is a good leader and I admire him for that. But to turn against him, could be your worst nightmare on this earth. Didn't she know the consequences for taking an Alpha's mate? They'll hunt and kill anybody who take the one person that's close to them in both mind and spirit.

"He's going pick up her scent and then track it to here." I lashed out at her. "What don't you understand, Elana? I have people to protect and I won't be apart of your infantile games because you fail to see the truth." I hissed.

Was the woman blind? Or just ignorant to these things?

"Relax Jaxton. He won't pick up her scent. I consult with the witches to give me a portion to block her scent and mine. She won't be found, at least not for now." She smoothly says, as looked down at her nails.

"Make no mistake Jaxton, I will get Julian to be mine and forever."

"You don't force that kind of emotion on a man. It has to come from deep within, he has to feel it in order to reciprocate it. That man is damaged goods and don't give two flying fucks about love. What makes you think you can change him and make him fall in love with you?" I asked her.

She sat there, seeming to be going over my words in her mind. I wanted to her to think about what she was doing before she made a stupid move and bring utter embarrassment onto herself.

"Why are you doing this to me, Jaxton? You know I love him and he will love me back." She finally replied after awhile.

"Because there are no guarantees when it comes to love. You either win or you lose." I said.

"What's your point Jaxton?" She questioned.

"My point is, just because somebody looks good doesn't mean they're good for you. Spoiled milk is still white." I said making my point.

But knowing Elana, none of this will mean nothing to her. But I needed to make sure that my pack was going to be safe. I hope she knows what she's doing.

"You can go now Elana. If Julian does come here and ruin my pack then you'd have hell to pay." I said in my Alpha tone. I got out of my office and went back to the conference room, she was passed out on the floor. I didn't even know her name. Shit! She'd been here for three days and I didn't know her name. I carried her to the room she was in before and placed her on the bed. Her face was blotched and swollen from the slaps Elana threw at her.

I took a deep breath and stared at the lifeless form infront of me. My stomach churned, something told me this was just the calm before the storm. And I didn't like that. And Elana was going to cause alot of chaos if she doesn't act fast.

I took one last glance at her sleeping form before walking out on her fully.