Chapter 9

Jada POV

We all was chillin at Chris house, in the backyard. It was a lil game night that he had threw together. We was definitely lit as hell. I loved these dumb asses.

There was bottles, weed, edibles, hella food, music was on, other whole night was just a vibe.

"Girl, you need to post on Instagram more." Angela was going through my Instagram for whatever reason. I just laughed her off.

"Girl move around." I grabbed my phone back.

"Jada can I holla atchu' real quick?" I looked up see August standing my the door, shades on and a cup of liquor in his hand.

"I guess." I got up from my seat moving towards the inside of the house.

"I know I was sticking up for Monica and called you out your name and shit. It was foul as fuck and I apologize for all of that ma." I studied his face. He seemed sincere so I just shrugged.

"It's fine, I'm not even worried about it anymore. I moved passed all that, but thank you." I smiled slightly.

"August if you want Jada all you had to do was say that." This girl was a complete trip. She never knew how to mind her business.

"It ain't even like that Ang, cut it out. Lol." I waved her off.

"We'a see." August winked at me and I just playfully rolled my eyes. I wasn't about to play with him or Angela.

"All y'all know is play ugh. Y'all so boring." If only my good sis knew. Lol.

August POV

"I heard you was over here cakin'." I laughed knowing damn well Angela couldn't keep her mouth closed for shit.

"Mane, wasn't nobody cakin' I was just apologizing for how I was treating her these past few weeks."

"But you know you want her tho, so what's stopping you fam?" Since when was this nigga a counselor.

"Jada been my dawg man, I ain't tryna fuck that up. I know the kind of nigga I am. I ain't the nigga Jada wanna settle down with." I was speaking honestly. I did want to be with Jada but I also knew I wasn't no good for her.

We been friends for years. I wasn't tryna fuck up again.

"Shit. I thought I couldn't settle down, and stick to one relationship but I'm doing it. It ain't that hard. If you want her how you say you do..it's definitely a walk in the park." I shook my head, this nigga was really speaking to me.

"What y'all fools talking about." Angela came walking over to us sitting in Chris lap.

"These two niggas." Chris motioned his fingers towards me and Jada who was sitting down on the phone.

"You finally gonna push up on my bestie Aug?" I laughed.

"Why y'all want us together so bad? We not good as friends?"

"We not saying that. We just saying y'all would be great as a couple." I sipped the Hennessy from my cup.

"She ain't checking for me dawg." I laughed the conversation off. I at least tried to.

"Aug? Nigga are you dumb?"

"Yeah Aug, you know Jada want you. Don't even try and play her like that."

"Go getcha girl Aug." Chris looked at me and put his cup in the air before drinking from it.

I was finna get up and go see what Jada was doing before she was already walking over here.

"What y'all talking about?"

"We talking about how August is being dumb." She laughed I just sat back in my chair. These niggas thought they was hilarious.

"Eh that's nothing new." I straight faced her.

"So we gangin' up on a nigga now?" They just laughed.

"Poor baby. We all know you ain't always..you know..fully there." She said tapping my head.

"Mane..fuck y'all." I swatted her hand away and we all laughed.

"Y'all I'm finna head out tho, Ima see y'all tomorrow." Jada hugged us all and left out the door. I walked into the house and sat down on the couch pulling my phone out.

I opened my text messages with Jada.

To: Jada🍑❤️
Jada?
Sent at 9:14pm

From: Jada🍑❤️
Wassup Aug?
Sent at 9:15pm

To: Jada🍑❤️
I'm tryna see wassup now. I want you to be my girl mama.
Sent at 9:17

From: Jada🍑❤️
Oh huh? You want me to be yours ?
Sent at 9:19pm

To: Jada🍑❤️
See you always playing on a nigga. Lol.
Sent at 9:21pm

From: Jada🍑❤️
Okay okay cry baby. I'll be ya girlfriend, don't fuck up!
Sent at 9:24pm

To: Jada🍑❤️
You know I ain't the best with relationships but I'a do right by you ma.
Sent at 9:24pm

From: Jada🍑❤️
I'm willing to give you a chance Aug.
Sent at 9:26pm

To: Jada🍑❤️
Ight ma, hit me later.😘
Sent at 9:28pm

From: Jada🍑❤️
Ok❤️
Sent at 9:30pm

Jada POV

I had finally got home, I was happy I didn't get too drunk because lord knows it would've been hell trying to get home.

I had been texting August since I got here and I was honestly happy he asked me to be his girlfriend.

I knew the kind of reputation August had, bunch of girls , smash and never call again. I assumed he had let his hoeish ways go and was finally ready to settle down.

As long as he didn't hurt me, I was good.

Since I knew we had a little dance tomorrow at school that the schools club had organized, I decided on just skipping on some pajamas and calling it a night.

Excuse any mistakes...