Chapter 23

Jada POV

It was finally graduation! I was so hype. I was finally getting out of here. I was moving, I had so many things in store for me and I was more than happy about it. I haven't spoken to August or Chris since the day at the café. I really honestly wasn't even mad anymore.

I just didn't feel the need to keep overplaying my part. It was no love lost. I still cared about them. That's just how my heart was set up. Angela...we ain't gonna be talking any time soon.

I sat patiently waiting for my name to be called with the biggest smile on my face. This was really happening.

"Jada Harris." I stood to my feet as the crowd cheered. I walked across the stage and shook everyone's hand. I did it! I returned back to my seat, as the ceremony went on.

"Graduates please take this moment to turn your tassels from right to left." We all did as told and everyone cheered. We threw our caps in the air as the played the music.

We all formed a line walking back stage. We all head outside to where our families were. I smiled seeing my parents and Kayla.

"Congratulations babaygirl!" I hugged my mom. We have grown a special bond since we've met. It's like I've known her my whole life. I was still speaking to Marie, and Paul, even though they weren't my birth parents, they still took care of me like their own. I have nothing but respect for them.

Kayla ran up to me and hugged me. My baby was getting so big.

I heard someone telling me congratulations but I didn't know who. I turned around and smile brightly.

"Ms. Sheila!" I ran as fast as my heels would let me meeting her halfway. She laughed at me.

"Congratulations baybeh. I'm proud'a you!" I loved this lady so much! She was always like a mom to me.

I hugged Cha and the girls as well as Travis and Jamal.

"Hey my cutie babies!" I laughed calling them by their Instagram name. They hated when I did that.

"Now Jada.." I laughed hugging them.

"Guys this is my mama, Jayla." They knew who Marie, Paul, and Kayla were so it was no use in introducing them all over. Ms. Shelia and Marie talk all the damn time. Lol.

They all got acquainted while August and Chris walked over towards us with Chris' family.

Everyone but me engaged in the nice little reunion they were having. I smiled at all the kids so deep into their own world.

"Let me take y'all pictures!" I groaned to myself.

They pushed me in the middle of August and Chris, we all smiled.

I was about to walk of but August pulled me to the side.

"Can you stop being mad at me ma?" He gave me puppy dog eyes.

"Yeah Jada, a nigga be bored dealing with August needy ass all the time." I couldn't help but laugh at them.

"I've been apologizing for weeks now, I've been giving you ya space and everything." It was true the two of them have been trying to make things right with me but I always brushed it off feeling like I wasn't ready to forgive them.

I've learned to forgive. I didn't have to forget because I never will but I have to learn how to forgive in order to be happy with myself, with life.

"I forgive you, I forgive you both. It's no love lost." I shook my head.

Chris was being so dramatic exhaling loudly, pulling me into a hug.

"Thank God!" I pushed him off of me.