Chapter 15

Jada POV

I was finally back for LA. When I tell you it was live out there! It was live. I can honestly say being away has allowed me to really evaluate a lot of things. Made me realize the type of lifestyle I want. I was determined to have by any means.

For the first time since it happened I really felt the death of my mother. I cried literally every night while I was in LA. It was fun during the day, but it was hell at night.

So our school had a thing called early prom. Tonight was our prom. I was so excited! I came back from LA a day earlier than I was supposed to, nobody knew I was here except Kayla. I literally talked to her everyday and night while I was gone.

I decided to do a soft beat, I really didn't like make up all like that. I didn't like lipstick either lol so I was always wearing shiny ass lip gloss.

Once I was done with my face I curled my hair. I let my curls fall loosely. Now it was time for my favorite part. I looked at my dress that stood on the mannequin.

I was so in love with my dress

I was so in love with my dress. Once I slipped into it all the way, I looked myself over in the mirror. I smiled to myself. I felt so beautiful.

It was 7:30pm I knew I had to get out the door fast because I needed to be there at 8:00pm. I grabbed everything I'd need for the night and I got in the limo outside. When we got there people were lined up at the door, I had seen August, Chris, and Angela standing on the walk way getting their pictures taken.

The school was treating everyone like celebrities. They had red carpets, photographs, backdrops, everything was beautiful!

I was behind another limo, who carried almost 10 people. After they all got out, the limo came to a stop and I opened my door. Everyone's eyes were on me as they were for every other limo or car that people came out of.

I stepped out and heard a bunch of awes from people I smiled as the photographer took my pictures.

"Look at you bitch!" I smiled at Angela her dress was beautiful!

"I know you're not talking! You look amazing!" She smiled at me turning me around

"I know you're not talking! You look amazing!" She smiled at me turning me around. Her dress was so pretty.

"What?! Christopher Brown and August Alsina, stepping through heavy!" I smiled. August wore a grey suit with an orange button up. He had orange dress shoes to match. I peeped the LV belt this man had on. Of course! Lol.

Chris wore a white suit, a white suit, a pink turtleneck, and matching pink loafers.

"Hey y'all!" I turned to see Nyla. Damn. My girl was killing shit.

"Sexy mami!" I smirked at her

"Sexy mami!" I smirked at her. Her dress was fire! Kirk was matching her. He wore a white button up shirt, a purple blazer with the matching pants, and white dress shoes.

When I tell you the gang was stepping out tonight, believe that. I seen Keisha walking over, she had on a orange dress that matched August's dress perfectly. It was really nice. I give credit when it's due.

"Let's go!" I smiled and followed behind them through the doors. I did feel a bit left out because I didn't have a date but that didn't stop me from having fun.

August was always supposed to be my prom date but he has a girlfriend so it makes sense why he's not.

1 hour later...

We were having such a good time. Everyone was dancing, eating, singing along to every song that came on. It was great. My feet were killing me so I went to go switch at our table and take my heels off.

I slipped on my slides, just as I was getting up the principal walked towards the stage.

I walked back over to where everyone was standing while he was talking.

"Now it's time for what everyone has been waiting for, tonight's prom king, and Queen." We all started cheering before he even finished talking.

"First your prom queen tonight is...Ms. Jada Harris!" I smiled making my way to the stage.

The vice principal handed me my banner, and my flowers as the principal placed the crown on my head.

"Tonight's prom king is....Mr. August Alsina!" We all cheered for him while he walked to the stage.

Once August got his banner and crown, everything was over with so we went back into the crowd and danced.

Keisha was shooting glares at me all night but I don't give a fuck Keisha! I was trying to have fun and that exactly what I planned on doing.

"I love you guys!" I smiled. We been through some shit but I was forever thankful to have them in my circle.

"We love you too!" We all shared a hug, we were really great friends, even through the bullshit.