Chapter 20

Jada POV

It was my first day of my second job. Nobody knew about the first job and I planned to keep it like that.

While I was in LA I got connected with this club manager and he set me up. I made bank. Now it wasn't a job that I had seen myself doing forever but he let me know that I'd always have a job when I came back.

The people loved me there, hey, as long as the bills were paid, I was happy, Kayla was happy, that's all that mattered.

I was happy to be working a shoe spot because everyone knows I love shoes. I was already showered and everything now I was looking for a decent pair of jeans to wear.

I grabbed a pair that didn't have any rips, my blue work shirt, and a pair of Nike socks scrunched at the ankles.

While I slipped on a pair of 1s I heard my phone go off.

I opened my phone clicking on the messages, it was August. I instantly smiled. Things have been really good between us.

From: Yung❤️
Bae.
Sent at 1:30pm

To: Yung❤️
Yes, love.
Sent at 1:31pm

From: Yung❤️
Whatchu up to? I miss you👅👀.
Sent at 1:32pm

To: Yung❤️
I miss you daddy. I'm getting ready for work.
Sent at 1:34pm

From: Yung❤️
Hit me when you on lunch mama.
Sent at 1:35pm

To: Yung❤️
I will papa, love you😘
Sent 1:36pm

From: Yung❤️
I love you ma
Sent at 1:37pm

I smiled. I loved how August has been treating me. Don't even get me started on him saying "mama" and "baby." Mh. The way it rolls off his tongue.

I grabbed everything I needed before heading out towards the mall.

*******

I was actually impressed with this job and the other employees everyone was so cool. I was having a great day besides seeing Lani and Monica.

It was weird seeing them two. It was like they were a couple or something. I don't have shut against it I just thought Monica was into guys, seeing as how many of them she's slept with.

As soon as they say me it was like something hit them and the quickly let go of each other's hands. I didn't think anything about it. Just weird like baby I don't care about anything y'all have going on. Lol.

"Hey Jada, Kate said to send you on break. I'll cover you."
I nodded my head. My break was 45 minutes long, so I'd have some time to do some shopping if I wanted.

That's sad. I'm really a shopaholic.

I sent August a text letting him know I'd be in the cafeteria of the mall. I was walking down, I seen he was already here with Chris and Ang.

I laughed as I sat down next to August, he had already got me some food. I smiled ready to dig in.

"How was ya first day mama?" He rubbed on my leg while we all ate.

"It was good, everybody so nice there."

"That's what's up."

"I might need to come work there." I looked up at Chris hoping he was serious.