Nightmares

It wasn't a night mare that woke me up tonight, it was the feeling of being watched. I had read that if you stare at someone who is sleeping, they will wake up. I opened my eyes and when they adjusted, I seen Riley standing over me.

He was shirtless and wearing a pair of track pants 'Riley, what are you doing?' I was getting scared, he wasn't speaking, just watching me.

'Kayla, I found you' he finally says. He leans down and I scramble to the other side of the bed, jumping out as he climbs in. He must definately be asleep. 'Riley' I say to him. he just lays there, looking up at the ceiling.

'I can't beileve I found you Kayla' his head snaps to mine and he looks right at me.

'Ronnie' I call out in a panic. He was scaring the shit out of me.

'I'm sorry' Riley's voice cracks and before I know it, he's crying. Shit. What the hell am I supposed to do?

Slowly, I go to the bed and sit beside him. I don't know if I should comfort him or not. I don't like being touched, was he the same? 'Kayla, I love you' as if knowing I was there, he rolls over and lays his head on my legs.

My breathing deepens 'Ronnie' I call a little louder this time. Anyone could hear the fear in my voice.

Not even two seconds later, Ronnie and Jess were in my room, the lights flicking on. My eyes were wide with fear and I was shaking. I dont' know why. Riley was sleeping, he wasn't a threat. But then maybe he is a threat, because he's sleeping and doesn't know what he's doing.

'Shit' Ronnie runs over and once he peels Riley from me I jump off the bed.

'No, Kayla, come back' he screams. My heart is hammering in my chest.

'What happened?' Jess asks me 'Are you ok?'

'I woke up and he was just there, watching me' I say quickly 'He started talking about Kayla and I knew he was sleeping. He got into the bed and I tried to get away and out but he pulled me back and started crying'

'It's ok' Jess says 'Calm down' I wasn't even sure if the fear I was feeling was from the possibility of Riley hurting me or the fact I didn't hate his touch.

'Help would be good babe' Ronnie groans trying to carry his friend himself. Jess gives me a reassuring smile before she goes and helps her boyfriend. I follow them out, needing a drink after that.

The thrashing continues and the sobbing. I know I could help him. In a time like this, you need support and to feel safe and he clearly didn't feel that right now. 'What was their song?' I ask.

'What? Why the hell would you ask that?' Jess frowns.

'What was it?' I ask again.

'I'd Come For You by Nickelback' she says with a frown. I nod. I actually know that song.

I sat infront of Riley and began to sing the song. As the song went on, the thrashing and the sobbing died down. I continued to sing right til the end, just to make sure he had gone back to deep sleep.

'How did you do that?' Ronnie asks.

'I have night mares too, I googled it and most of it was stuff that everyone else can do while you're in an episode. Say something that reminds them of the happy times, not in those words but that meaning. He has night mares about Kayla, he's going to calm down if their song is on' I shrug.

'You're amazing' Ronnie pulled me into a hug and when I stiffen, he jumps back 'Sorry, I forgot'

'Where the hell did you learn how to sing?' Jess asks.