Faith

Jess brought me a coffee frappe and ten nuggest from McDonalds and honsetly, it made me smile. I was feeling a lot better since this morning. I know they were still worried, sneaking glances when they think I wasn't looking.

'Thank you' I smile at Jess.

'So, I was thinking we could all go out tonight, go watch a movie or something' Jess suggests.

Riley and I look at each other before I turn back to Jess 'You're not going to miraculously need to run an errand?' I ask her.

She grins 'No' she shakes her head. 'We will go together, same car and all'

I shrug 'I'm game' I suck on the straw and the sweet taste hits my taste buds. 'This is so fucking good' I take another long suck at the straw.

'It is' she nods. 'We need to get you out and explore the world girl' Jess seemed really excited about this and it made me a little excited.

'I really like that idea' I laugh. 'Never been to the movies so it'll be an experience'

'Sometimes I forget how sheltered your life has been' Ronnie comments, coming over to where we were standing around the front desk, eating.

I ate nuggets and this time, I could taste the nicely cooked chicken. 'Unfrortunately, I don't' I reply casually. 'But, now I have a few experiences under my belt. The Zoo and a job' I smile.

'And tonight you can add Movies to that list' Jess smiles. I smile in agreement.

The movies were fun. Ronnie paid for everything. The popcorn and the soda and the skittles. The film was surprisingly good even though it was action packed and lot of violence. I could deal with it in the movies, just not in real life.

'That was pretty cool' I smile 'Though, the seats weren't real comfortable' My butt was still numb.

'Yeah, that sucks' Jess agrees 'Who's hungry?' she grins.

'Babe, you just ate like all the pop corn and near two bags of skittles' Ronnie laughs.

'So?' She asks 'I'm still hungry'

'You guys go ahead' Riley replied. 'I'll get Sonny and I home'

'Are you sure?' Ronnie asks sounding just as surprised as I felt. He just nods. Jess smiles at me and soon enough Ronnie and I are walking in the opposite direction.

'I know there's a reason you did that' I finally say 'I just don't know what that reason is yet'

'You're right, I did that for a reason' Riley nods 'I wasn't hungry and I did want to go home but I could have just gone by myself, left you with them'

'So why?' I ask him.

'I wanted to talk to you but now we're alone, I don't even know what to say' he shrugs. I bite my lip and wait as we walk slowly down the street. I didn't want to ruin the moment so I just wait patiently. 'Waking up on that couch scared me. It scared me because for the first time in over a year I felt like I got enough sleep. It scared me because I didn't want to get up, I had the best night sleep since Kayla died and it terrifies me'

I nod and for a second, we stop walking and look at each other. 'It was the first night I hadn't woken up screaming' I confess 'It was the first night you didn't either and it scares me too Riley'

'But why does it scare you?' he asks me.

'Because I need you there for me to sleep properly and it scares me. I don't want to rely on you to send the nightmares away and I don't know what that makes me but even sleeping in that tiny chair, I don't wake up screaming'