Truth

The sun had long gone down. I had shut everyone out again and Riley hadn't returned. I keep myself standing at the window, gasing out at the woods, hoping that maybe he will come back. When he would shut me out and freak out, he would be gone a week and that made me nervous, especially since he had just marked me today.

My neck was sore and throbbed but it was tolerable. He was right though, it didn't hurt but now I regretted even doing it because now I had no idea where Riley was or what he was doing and that scared me.

For all I knew he was hurt and in trouble. I didn't know if he had gone with the others. I started to get the shakes and the cold sweat because I was worrying so much. Another ten minutes and my shirt was sticking to my back. I could feel the layer of sweat and I was getting a head ache.

I know I shouldn't worry, Riley can handle himself but I couldn't help it. That's who I am. I worry.

Decided to go shower and clean this sweat off incase Riley did come back, I head for the bathroom. I wasn't sure if the shower was faulty or if it was me. I could see the steam but it just didn't seem to be getting hot enough.

I was in long enough to wash myself and hair before i climbed back out and put a shirt of Riley's on that he had worn yesterday. It smelt like him so I decided to climb into bed, hoping to sleep this head ache off.

My throat was bone dry. My shirt was stuck to my body and I was shaking again. I knew then that I was getting sick, this wasn't just worry. I reach for my phone and with shaky hands, I call Jess.

'You ok?' She asks as soon as she answers

'I need... I need water' My voice was hoarse from the dryness of it and it almost hurt.

'I'll be there in a minute' she quickly tells me before i hang up. I tried to stay awake but I couldn't keep my eyes open. I didn't even have the energy to put my phone back on the night stand.

I could hear Jess coming in. 'Shit' she curses. 'Rae, get the pack doctor' she says in a panic. 'Sonny, wake up, I got you water' her hand comes to my forehead before she snatches it back like I had burnt her.

'Can't' I croak out 'Tired'

'Fuck' she curses 'You're burning up, it's because Riley marked you, you need to adjust' I didn't really know what she was saying and i couldn't respond but I felt her take my phone from me and then something cold was pressed against my lips.

I could feel the water slipping past my lips and into my mouth and also down my chin. 'Come on, we need to get you some water' she tries to help me sit up and I honestly tried to help her but I couldn't.

Rushing feet into the room was the last thing I remember before sleep took over again.

'Her wolf is surfacing but she might crash if Riley doesn't get here soon' I remember that voice. It was the pack doctor.

'I've tried to reach him. The link is blocked' Jess was worried but I couldn't move. I could still feel the sweat covering my body and I was aware of a drip in my arm, I could feel the needle in there.

'Lisa will be able to reach the Alpha' the doctor says.

'I'll go get her' Rae's voice now and then I was out again.

'I'm sorry' Riley was here, I could feel his erratic heart beat against my shoulder as he held me.

'You're an idiot' Jess snaps and I know she's talking to Riley 'You knew she needed you once you marked her, you seen what I was like but you didn't come anyway'