Vampire

It felt good to be home. I didn't have people staring all the time and I didn't feel so awkward. Rae and I had exchanged numbers and Jess, she and I were planning a shopping day.

I'm not a big fan of shopping but we're shopping for the baby so I was just a little excited. Riley was a little sulky that he wasn't coming with us but I didn't mind. Well, I would have loved him to come but I knew I could survive a few hours without him, especially since I had Rae and Jess with me.

The whole me driving thing was pretty much forgotten until I had suggested I drive. I was clearly kidding but Jess threw me the keys. She believed I was skilled enough even when I protested that I could kill her baby. She had faith in me and even Rae said I couldn't be too bad but I wasn't too sure.

'I told you I shouldn't be driving' I remind Jess as my foot slams the breaks inches from the back of a Prius. Looked so nice and shiny,I would have hated to hit it.

'You're doing fine' Jess waves me off. 'You get used to the breaks after a few times but I really think we should get you a license'

'You're kidding right?' I deadpan. Even Sunny was cowering in the corner of my mind because of my terrible driving. 'No way would I pass' I say.

'Sure you would' Jess says 'I'll even pay for it' I roll my eyes and the light turns green. I ease the car into motion and follow Jess' instructions on where to go.

When we get to the shop she wanted, I was pretty pleased with how I had parked.

I skipped through the front door. I bright smile on my face and Riley throws his arms around me, almost squishing me. 'I am so glad to see you' he tells me.

'I was gone like an hour' I laugh. I wasn't complaining about the hug.

'It was like three hours' he corrects me. 'What's this?' he takes the paper from my hand and looks at it, one arm still around me.

'I think the bet was kind of forgotten but Jess told me to go for my licence and I did and I passed' I tell him.

'Yeah, given the circumstances and all, I don't think there was a winner or a loser' he tells me. 'But I'm proud you passed' he kisses my cheek.

'I thought I was going to fail, the woman who was testing me acted as if she was on her period and hasn't been laid for the last twenty years, she was so grumpy'

'And the best part is, you didn't kill anyone' He smiles. The smile fades and then he jokes 'You didn't right?'

I laugh and slap him playfully 'No you jerk'

'I wouldn't have let her drive if I didn't feel safe Riley' Jess says.

'Good point' he smiles and then swoops in and pecks my lips.

'Riley' I laugh pushing him away. I blush at the PDA.

'Babe, you've seen these guys make out, I'm sure they'll be fine with us'

'But I'm not' I laugh 'It makes me awkward'

'Are you sure?' Jess frowns.

'Yes' I laugh 'You're about to have a baby and that baby will need a bedroom' I state.

'I know that but I don't want you to go' She looked like she was about to cry.

'I promise, I will come visit but you guys don't need me in your way when you're about to start a family' I tell her 'I appreciate you taking me in and honestly, you've been the best for it but living with Riley would make more sense than not living with him'

'You're right' she nods sadly 'You don't have to go right now though' she tells me.

'Yes we do' Riley says on his way past. He had a box in his hand.