Wound

She could not believe Snow White had agreed to let the Merry Man - what a ridiculous name by the way - join them in their trip.

Apparently, it had been two votes against one, as Charming kept saying.

The queen forced herself to keep calm, ignoring the two idiots once again. Robin's group had horses, though, which could be helpful.

Shaking these unpleasant thoughts away, Regina went to the river to clean up her wounds. She knew it needed stitches, but again, she did not really care.

They had settled a camp to spend the night, and she realized, without giving it much attention, that her tend was in the corner, far away from the others.

She was glad for the privacy, but at the same time, she felt a bit out of place. People did not want to be around her. She was the Evil Queen, and Regina knew that. Her past was dark, and she had destroyed so many lives that she could not blame them for wanting to stay away.

But during the past year, Regina had changed. She tried to, anyway.

Nevertheless, in Enchanted Forest, she was still considered a great villain, and she was sure that many of Storybrooke inhabitants still saw her the same way.

One good action does not clear her from an entire life of villainy.

It frustrated her to think of her current position in Enchanted Forest. She thought about her memories in this land. It started during the years she lived under her mother's watch and went to the day she finally became queen.

Regina had acquired many names in life. Her nicknames had gone from 'King Leopold's Beautiful Young Bride' to 'Evil Queen' in a small period of time, building up a reputation that would haunt her until the present time.

Then, someone started to call her 'mom'. A sweet, innocent boy rescued her from the darkness surrounding her tragic life. Now, however, Regina had to find a way to scratch all that. Her son was nowhere around.

She was still a mother, but Henry was forever lost to her.

For a few, her title had changed somehow. She was just "Regina," the former evil monarch or the authoritarian mayor.

Now, those names felt distant, neither of them representing much to her anymore. She found herself stuck in between two lives, yet still struggling with an identity.

While she drifted in her past, the queen missed to notice Charming approaching.

"Hey." He whispered in a low tone, making her jump slightly and look at him. "Dinner is ready. It isn't exactly what we used to eat in Storybrooke, but it's good enough to feed us and keep us warm." He added, doing his best to pretend he was fine by being away from his daughter and taking care of everything.

"I don't mind, it's fine." Regina said, sighing. Crappy food was the least of her problems.

The two walked in silence until they reached the big group. Regina took her food and sat near a tree log, enjoying the view. She had to admit, this land had a breathtaking landscape.

As the queen glanced at the forest, she noticed small movements to her right, just behind the brushes.

"Who is there?" She asked, preparing herself to fight.

All that strong and imposing mask fell when she saw a little boy walking away from his hidden place.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you." The boy whispered nervously, playing with his hands.

The queen did not know what surprised her the most - how her stomach sunken or how honest the boy seemed when saying he didn't mean her any harm.

"I was just curious about you." He admitted with an uncertain expression, finally looking up to meet her gaze.