Temper

They ran like their life depended on it – and apparently, it did. At some point, the thought of staying behind to fight seemed terrible even to her. Thankfully, Snow had changed her mind. Regina's legs were starting to ache, and she couldn't be happier for having changed clothes before this quest started and they left her castle. She was glad she had her riding clothes on - running around this island in high heels and long heavy dresses wouldn't have worked. Now, with a pounding heart, she struggled to breathe, but she never stopped moving. She couldn't.

"Look, there's the Temple!" Belle pointed out, halting her run midway and urging the others to mime her actions, doing her best to catch her breath.

The queen's eyes travelled on the fortress, amazed by its beauty. It was a dark place, its stones in ruins, but it held some greatness to it. It looked magical, and she wondered if it was indeed a good thing. She didn't think so.

"Temple? It's a bloody a castle!" Hook breathed out, taking a few seconds to admire the construction.

"Are they still close?" Charming questioned, looking nervously at the queen.

David's question made her snap out of her thoughts. She glanced at him and looked around, searching for any magical trace. "We gained some vantage, but they're still close." She responded. "If we stay here, they'll catch us." Regina added in a cold tone.

Snow placed both hands on her knees, breathing heavily. Regina fought back an angry comment. She told her that it wasn't going to help having a pregnant woman among them. Taking some time to rest in situations like this might just determinate their death.

"Are you ok?" Charming asked his wife, concerned at how her cheeks turned into a bright tone of red. The princess looked up with a determined expression.

"I'm fine." She responded calmly, avoiding his eyes. Snow met Regina's gaze and the queen saw how hard she was trying to put up some though mask. Sighing, the queen moved closer.

"She can't run like this, she's pregnant. Obviously, she is not alright." Regina murmured, frowning angrily at David.

-- |¥| --

"Don't they never get tired?" Cruella breathed out, as her feet started to ache. They kept running, trying not to fall behind.

"My tentacles are killing me." Ursula murmured angrily but was determinate to keep her peace. She was tired of following the others. She wanted some action. She wanted the stone. She wanted her home back.

"Then stop running and stay here forever." Rumple snorted. "I can't stand this ridiculous situation anymore. Know that when I free myself, and I will, you are as good as dead." He snapped at them, his expression growing rather murderous.

"Don't kid yourself into thinking you'll leave us. We are aware of your power. We're never freeing you. Besides, I won't be seen as a fool again." The goddess responded drily.

"Look!" Cruella exclaimed, interrupting their discussion, pointing at a spot not so far away. "There are they. Are you two idiots going to keep this little debate of yours or are we getting that bloody stone?" She yelled victoriously, smiling slightly.

Ursula let out a loud laugh. "Guess found you, your majesty!" She yelled, smirking.

Rumple watched as Regina's head snapped at them from far away, her eyes widening in shock. "What are you doing, Regina? They know you can't win this!" Rumple yelled at her, just in time to see his desperation mirrored in the queen's eyes.

-- |¥| --

The witch opened the heavy doors. It was breath taking. The room was cold and big. It had elvish drownings and archaic incantations decorating the walls from the floor to the stoned ceiling.