The Battle: Part I

Regina pulled herself away from the cold wall. She spent most of her life dreaming about seeing Daniel again. Back when she was with Leopold and before the curse. She had wanted it more than anything. Now, however, she wanted to forget about this moment with him.

No. Correction – with Merlin.

These mind games were tiring. This island made her remember things that were better off forgotten. Old scars she preferred to keep closed. She does not want to remember. She does not need to.

But, unfortunately, she does.

She does remember Daniel, Henry, Cora, Leopold, Rumple, Snow and every single time she felt hopeless, lost and angry. This was the whole point of this island. To keep those not worthy of the stone far away.

She glanced around. She felt trapped in there, the walls were too close. This island was extremely annoying, and she wanted to get out. There was no time to build her walls up this time, she was too frustrated to do such thing.

"Damn it." Regina whispered, trying to ignore the anger burning her insides. She suddenly felt murderous. If Merlin showed up right now, she might consider killing the sorcerer. "It is nothing I have not done before." She pointed out sharply.

The queen ignored the small voice in her head telling her how dangerous this thought really was, but again, she could not be the hero this time.

Not right now. She did not want to be one. Not in here, not without her son. Maybe this time being a hero was not the right thing to be, since she was preparing herself for a big showdown. This was not Snow's or Henry's area. It was hers and Mother's. And Rumple's. It was about being, for instance, a villain. And that was exactly what she was going to be.

Herself.

Curbing homicidal tendencies be damned. It was not about being a hero, it was about being the Evil Queen.

-- |¥| --

Maleficent groaned annoyedly at the sight of the Charmings jumping into her fight. She turned her attention to them just as Snow White let her arrow fly. The witch simply waved her hand to dismiss it, throwing the arrow somewhere else.

"Are you seriously considering taking me down with this? I thought you had learned something from Regina." She mocked, rolling her eyes.

"You let my friend go!" John yelled at Maleficent.

The witch's gaze fell on the bigger outlaw and she smiled evilly. "As you wish." She murmured placing her staff softly on the ground, letting go of Robin, who fell on the glassy ground like a rock. She could not help smirking at the squeaking sound he made. His painful gasp was music to her ears.

Diablo glanced at Hook, blocking his sword in his, and then turned to look at Maleficent to see if she needed help.

"What is it, hun? Fight me like a grown damn man!" The captain teased in a defying tone and smirked, stepping closer.

Maleficent glared at the pirate, her expression hard as stone. "Hurt him and you are dead." She stated, letting her gaze back at Snow White.

"You do not appear to be afraid." Snow pointed out, hesitant.

The witch chuckled, frowning. "Why should I be afraid?" She questioned, taking one more step towards the princess. "Afraid of you?" Maleficent questioned, smirking. Then, David stepped forward, standing between the two in a protective manner. "Or perhaps of your little disarmed prince?" Maleficent added in an amused tone.

Snow took a calculated step back but showed no less determination. "We are sixteen, and you are two. I think we can take care of it." Charming bitted out.