The Fairies

It was a sunny, beautiful day. One perfect to be outside and enjoy nature, as the Merry Men would usually do. Today, however, they felt nervous. The idea of occupying the Evil Queen's castle was still terrible for some of them and as they got closer to their destination, the men found more and more reasons not to go there.

"Papa, are we close?" Roland asked, after complaining about his aching legs.

They have been walking for hours and the little boy wondered how the castle would be like.

"Yes, my boy." Robin answered, picking his son up and putting him on his shoulders. "See that pointy thing over there?" The outlaw questioned, pointing to a big construction a bit far away.

"Uhum." The little boy murmured, narrowing his eyes to see better.

"That's one of the castle's towers. We'll be there in a few hours." Robin said.

"Great! Is there food in the castle? I'm so hungry!" Roland commented while his hands played with his father's hair.

Robin let out a laugh. "I'm sure you are, my boy." He muttered carelessly.

"Papa, Peter said Gina is an evil person." The little boy commented, frowning slightly.

Robin shook his head in disapproval. The outlaw wouldn't deny that he didn't trust the woman, but since she arrived in Enchanted Forest the queen had been in her best behavior. He gets that his men had issues with her, but teaching his son to hate was out of question. He was just a kid.

"Gina doesn't look evil to me." Roland whispered after a while and the thief smiled proudly.

It appears his son was just like him.

"No, she doesn't seem evil." Robin agreed, tinkling the little boy. However, in his thoughts, he wondered if that was it. She didn't seem evil, but could someone really change after doing everything she'd done? He couldn't guess what would make that happen.

"Her majesty is not a bad person, we played together! I find her really pretty, papa, and she told me I'm a gentleman!" Roland said between giggles in Robin's ear so no one would listen to his little confession.

Robin chuckled and couldn't help but smile.

"A gentleman, hun? I'm sure Regina will be very happy to see you again, then." The outlaw teased.

"Don't you find her pretty, daddy?" The boy questioned, making Robin sigh inwardly. "I find her hair so cool! It's bigger than Little John's!" He added, smiling.

It was no news that the queen was stunning. Practically all the men in Enchanted Forest had already heard of the beautiful bride King Leopold had married with years ago. The tale tells that with time, she became bitter and resentful.

"I do, my boy." He answered with a smile on his face. It didn't matter if people had issues with Regina - questioning her beauty was nonsense.

-- |¥| --

Regina woke up with the sunlight hitting her face. She opened her eyes carefully and quickly used her hand to block the bright light, stopping it from annoying her even more.

The queen stood up and walked towards her balcony, examining the breathtaking view from her bedchambers.

She let out a throaty growl - the castle was already too crowded for her liking.

The news of the fairies arrival made everybody excited and, obviously, people had nothing better to do then to fuss around about it.

Regina, on the other hand, couldn't be more unpleased.