Chapter 5: First Morning

Important author's note at the end please read!

"Here's to many more firsts and many more great memories." ~Christine Feehan

"Mommy! Mommy! Wake up! It's breakie time!" shouted Evangeline as she jumped up and down on Kye's bed. When I opened my eyes, I noticed that Kye wasn't in the room. I rolled over and stretched my sore limbs before checking the time on the alarm clock. It's only seven!

"Why did you wake me up so early?" I ask her sitting up and rubbing the sleepiness out of my eyes.

"It's time to eat! Come on get up! We have choco pancakes!" she said coming around to the side of the bed to pull on my arm.

"Whoa! Whoa! Can you turn on the light first?" Evangeline sprints over to the door and flips on the light switch. I shield my eyes due to the light burning my eyes. When I move my arms away, I then look at Evangeline. She is wearing a My Little Pony silk nightie that is slightly too big for her.

"Can we go eat now?"

"Yeah just let me get up and alive and then we'll go downstairs sounds good?" She nods her head vigorously and waits by the door for me. I get up out of the bed and look down at what I'm wearing. I have on polka dot socks and short shorts, but you can't see them because I have on an over-sized swearer.

"Come on Mommy! I'm hungry," Evangeline lets out with a sigh before coming to take my hand and drag me down the stairs. I had froze up at first because I'm not used to hearing that. It's all she has been calling me since I've been here.

She leads me throughout the house until we reach the kitchen. Even before we got anywhere near it, I could smell bacon and eggs along with a slight hint of chocolate. Upon entering the kitchen, I was hit with the strong smell of coffee. Oh the delicious smell of coffee! Rosalinda was at the stove frying bacon, eggs, and making pancakes. Vladimir is sitting at the table with a girl with bright pink hair that reminds me of cotton candy sitting next to him. Kye is still nowhere to be seen.

"Oh you're up! Good morning! Imogen, could you help Evangeline into her highchair?" Rosalinda asks me. I thought at first why would she need to sit in a highchair, but Evangeline is small and wouldn't reach the table if she sat on a regular chair.

"Where's Kye at?" I ask lifting the tray off the highchair and placing Evangeline on the chair.

"He's taking a shower dear. He should be out any minute now," Rosalinda says placing more pancakes onto a plate. "Breakfast is ready!" She balances three plates on her arms and brings the to the table. She then opens the refrigerator and grabs a pitcher of orange juice and milk and places them in the middle of the table for us to fill our glasses with. Another thing I noticed is that the glasses, silverware, and plates were already set out.

"Eggies!" shouts out Evangeline from her highchair. Rosalinda puts one egg, two strips of bacon, and one pancake on a plate fore Evangeline. She also fills her cup with orange juice. Everyone else, including me, starts pilling on food onto their plates and fills their glasses.

"You're one of the orange juice drinkers too!" Vladimir exclaims pointing a finger at me with a grin on his face.

"What do you mean?" I ask him confused with a mouthful of pancake.

"Only Evangeline and Kye drink orange juice, and now so do you!"

"So? What does that mean?"

"Nothing just that y'all have that in common because everyone else drinks milk."

"Vladimir, you should introduce your friend," Rosalinda suggests to him with a knowing look.

"Imogen, this is my girlfriend Astrid. Astrid, this is Kye's girlfriend Imogen," Vladimir says gesturing with his hands and introducing us to each other.

"Nice to meet you," she says in a small voice. I can see in the way she looks and moves that that is her natural voice, and she is not shy.

"It's nice to meet you too. I like your hair by the way," I say to her then taking a sip of my orange juice.

"Thanks. I like yours too."

"Daddy's here for breakie!" Evangeline yells making us all turn our heads. Kye was walking down the stairs dressed in a t-shirt and jeans with his hair still wet from his shower.

"They're going to be late, so I'll eat when I get back," Kye says coming to get Evangeline out of her highchair.

"I can't be late again. My homeroom teacher said he'll give me a F for the semester!" Astrid exclaims her eyes widening in fear.

"Come on everybody let's move out!" Vladimir shouts, and everyone is moving at once. Astrid and Vladimir move towards the door and grab each a bag from the couch. Kye picks up Evangeline and grabs the bag that Rosalinda holds out to him.

"Come on Imogen you're coming too. I need you to help change Evangeline in the van since we're running late," Kye says taking my hand and leading me out the door.

"See you all later!" Rosalinda calls out waving her hand as we all run and jump into the van.

Vladimir and Astrid let me get in the very back to change Evangeline. They get in the middle area while Kye gets in the front.

"Ok Imogen, let me explain what's going on. I drive them to school and Evangeline to daycare so that I can go do errands for my mom and work, but I work at home. If you want, you can enroll in school, but for now you will come with me. Evangeline's clothes are in the bag," Kye explains to me while backing out. I just nod my head for him to see in the rearview mirror since everyone's rushed and freaked out.

"Mommy, we only have 10 minutes," Evangeline says taking off her nightgown.

"Ok we can do this," I say to her unzipping the bag and pulling the clothes from the top. We switch handfuls, and I put her flats in my lap and put her nightgown in her bag and zip it. When I turn around, she has her shirt on, so I help her with her pants.

"Bye guys," Vladimir and Astrid says hurrying out of the car and running to the building.

"How you two doing back there?" Kye asks.

"Good. I just have to put on her shoes," I say sitting Evangeline on the seat. She holds out her feet for me to put her slip ons on her feet. When we are done, we move into the front just in time to see Kye pull into the daycare.

"Come on Evangeline. Imogen, you can come sit in the front now. I'll be back in a minute."

------------------------
Author's Note: I know this is a day late. I'm not going to post anything next week. To be honest, I didn't want to post anything this week. My dog died the other day from a snake bite. I'm really upset about it, and it was hard for me to try an type this today. Luckily, the snake was killed before it bite and killed anything else. I hope you enjoy this chapter, and please mind any spelling errors I made. Love you all!

~jnicoleb1234 out!