Chapter 24: Void III ~ New Appearances and Escape

A/N: THE UNDERLINED PARTS IN THIS CHAPTER WERE WRITTEN BY A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE, mackenzie-can-write, AND YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT HER WORK TOO!!  I GIVE MANY THANKS TO HER!

* * *

"'We'll be friends forever won't we Pooh?' asked Piglet. 'Even longer,' Pooh answered," ~ A. A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh.

* * *

"Get up! Everybody get up!" a guard set to watch us through the night screamed at us garnering our attention as he turned on the lights. Those of us on the other side of the room got up easily while one closer got dragged out of bed and thrown on the ground. He kicked some of the beds that were around the empty squares out of the way. Other guards came in through the trap door carrying new patches to fill the empty space.

"What's going on?" one of the girls asked the guards. All of us looked at her shocked that she had enough courage to straight up ask him point blank. He marched over to the girl and slapped her across the face with a ring on his finger tearing into her cheek.

"Shut the fuck up and don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong bitch!" he shouted in her face taking a syringe filled with a strange murky looking liquid and jabbing her in the neck with it. The girl dropped like a sack of potatoes on the ground, and the guy threw her over his shoulder. All five of them then disappeared through the trap door leaving us by ourselves with nobody there to watch us.

That was the last time we saw the girl or that guard.

After the last person left, we just stayed huddled in the corner we had gathered in unsure of what to do. One by one we started moving to push our beds back in their spots and crawl back under the now scratchy blankets to try and sleep. That is until someone noticed that the patches of carpet brought in also had names on it just like ours.

"Hey, you guys, there are names stitched in like ours," she called out. I had turned in my bed to see the girl standing over a patch pointing at the name on it. We walked over to where she was standing to look at the five new names.

Emery Lovely, Iliza Blake, Cammy Blake, Brooke Eve, and Charlotte Brooke.

"I guess we're getting some new roommates," Lace whispered in my ear. I turned around to see her looking down at the names studying them.

"So what do we do now then?" I asked watching her walk away and then follow her.

"Nothing. We let them fend for themselves," she paused looking back at me with a sad look in her eyes, "Even us five will die, too."

* * *

A week later, or what seemed like a week, the five girls were brought in by guards wearing only long oversized t-shirts. Four of the girls were brought in roughly by their guards, but the last girl was placed gently in the room by hers. Immediately us who have been here for little over a year eyed her suspiciously wondering why she got special treatment.

"She's pregnant!" one of the new girls blurted out at us while they formed a circle around the girl. The one who spoke up looked to be the youngest of the five while the girl on the ground looked to be the oldest.

"What?" Faith asked being the first to re-gather her thoughts.

"I'm three months pregnant," the girl said standing up and then lifting up her shirt so that we could see the small bump that had developed.

"Why are you here then?" a girl in the back of the crowd asked her coming towards the front to get a better look as if not really believing her all that much.