Chapter 9: Are You Kidding Me!

"Clearly there is no age limit for childish behavior." ~ Wes Fessler

*

After last night's episode, I kept waking up in the middle of the night to check the room and make sure Kye was still with me. Even though I've only known him for three days, he still gives me enough sense of security to sleep more easily. If I was at home and this happened, my mom would tell me to suck it up, and I would end up sleeping with either Milly or Josh, whichever was easier to move over.

Josh and Milly. . . I miss them. I wonder what Jessica told them about my leaving. . .

Because of my off and on sleeping, Kye let me sleep in while he dropped Vladimir and Astrid off at school and Evangeline at daycare. I don't know what time it is, but I feel so warm and snuggly laying in the bed with my back against the wall covered up with all the blankets and sheets wrapped around me like I'm a burrito.

I could probably stay here all day long without a care in the world. I could just hide from everybody in here.

Just as I was going to burry myself further into the blankets, someone picked me up, covers and all, and threw me down on the bean bag chair in the room. I made a high pitched disgruntled sound and tried to make myself comfortable. I heard a sigh come from the person who moved me and then light footsteps as the person walked out the room.

Good leave me alone. I want to be comfortable and sleep.

Unfortunately for me, I heard the person come back into the room along with the sound of sloshing in a bucket. I felt my facial features scrunch up trying to piece together why that sound was in the room.

I soon got my answer.

Ice cold water was thrown onto my body, and I shot up throwing the blanket and sheets off my body which turned out to be a big mistake. As soon as they were gone, I was hit with a second round of ice cold water.

"What the fuck!" I screamed wiping water from my face.

"Oh good. You're up now. I didn't want to throw even more on you," Kye says setting the bucket down and tossing me a warm fluffy towel fresh from the dryer.

"Why did you do that?" I asked yelling at him as I tried to wrap as much of my body that I could in the towel. I looked around the room to see how much water damage happened to the room. Turns out that he set up a square of tarp in the room with the sides up to about my chest level that he put me in. I then turned to look at him and get my answer.

"Well it's almost one in the afternoon, and you were still sleeping. I tried calling your name and shaking you, but you wouldn't wake up," he says shrugging his shoulders and grabbing the soaking wet sheets and blankets and putting them in a black trash bag.

"So you threw a fucking bucket of water on me!" I screech unable to contain my anger. This is bullshit! He threw water on me because I was sleeping!

"Well. . . it's funny," he says with a lopsided grin folding his arms across his chest.

"Run," I say in a low voice keeping my head down trying to stop myself from getting even more pissed off.

"Why should I run?" he asks his grin fading and his arms dropping to his sides.

"Because I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" I scream at him jumping up dripping water. He lets out a startled scream and starts running out of the room. I jump out of the square I was contained in and started to follow him. The sound of water dripping on the floor along with the sound of wet feet slapping against the hardwood floor followed me.

I lost Kye's trail running down the stairs, so I had to stop and listen. It sounded like he went to the other side of this house, so I ran in that direction. I went and checked all the rooms in that area, but no Kye.

Walking back to the kitchen, I felt like steam was coming out of my ears like a cartoon character. I saw Rosalinda in the kitchen, and I'm sure she knows where Kye is.

"Hey Rosalinda," I say sitting on the stool by the island.

"Hello dear," she says with a warm smile on her face. "I'm just making some cookies. Do you need anything?"

"Actually, I do," I say putting my arms crossed on the island and then putting my head on them.

"Oh really?" she asks with a slight smirk on her face as she adjusts the timer on the oven.

"Do you happen to know where Kye is?" I ask moving my head to the side.

"Oh I don't know," she says with a twinkle in her eyes looking around. She leans in closer to me and whispers, "He's behind the couch dear." I nod my head showing my thanks and get up from the stool. Tip toeing over to the couch, I see his feet peaking out around the side of the couch.

"Oh there you are!" I say making my voice sound sugary when I poke my head around. He screams and tires to get up, but I grab his ankle pulling him back down. He looked so frightened that I couldn't help but burst out laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" he asks his voice shaking with fear.

"Y-y-you're facial expression is ridiculous," I say laughing harder with tears coming out of my eyes. I was laughing so hard that I couldn't hear the sound of a camera going off. Kye and I look up and over to see Rosalinda standing there with a camera in her hands.

"This one's going in the photo album," she says chuckling.

"Mom!" Kye whines still pinned down.

"Clearly there is no age limit to childish behavior," I say shaking my head.