Chapter 31: To Save a Life

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me" ~ Ayn Rand

* * *

"Does my princess feel beautiful yet?" Hunter asked me as he brushed a strand of hair out of my face and lifting my chin up with one of his cold hard fingers.  This action caused him to have to readjust his grip on the chain that was connected to the bands around my wrists.  The metal chaffed against my skin causing me to grimace for a split second in pain before regaining my composure of a calm demeanor.  "Have I've done something to make my princess uncomfortable?"

"No sir you have not; you're princess feels very comfortable and pretty right now thank you," I tell him bowing my head before looking back up into his psychotic eyes.  He smiles a crazed smile before turning away and taking a heavy gold head chain to drape delicately on me.  All week he has been gathering pieces of fabric and jewelry to fashion an outfit for me without explaining what if was for.  It was made of gold and silver shimmery material that was thin and swished around my body as I moved.  I just wish I knew what he was planning.

It's been a weird few days with me having to do his strange requests just to make sure my friends stayed safe even though I wasn't allowed to see them.  For some strange reason, I don't think he would lie to me about this just because of how crazy he actually is.  Besides his strange requests, he also has asked me to call him sir and address myself in third person which doesn't make sense to me at all, but I'm not questioning it.  I'm just lucky that the only things he has ever asked me to do are make out with him, sleep with him (like actually sleep not the sexual thing thank God), and let him wash my hair (which oh my god is super creepy and weird because he likes to sniff it and stuff).

"My princess looks quite sad though; will she tell me what is bothering her?" he asks me pulling me into his chest and stroking my hair in what I would normally think was a loving manner, but with him I'm not so sure what to make of it.  His motions are slow and make me want to cry in anger, but on the other hand, it seems nice because his hands are soft even though they don't look it.

"Your princess wishes to go see her friends and make sure they are doing all right if you'd let me sir," I tell him trying to pull away from his embrace only to have him pull me back towards him with a tighter grip on me.

"And why should I do that?" he asked in a low voice squeezing my shoulder to the point that I could feel bruises starting to form.

"Because then your princess will be happy and won't ask for anything else if you let her see her friends just once," I say placing a hand over his, "Bruises are starting to form soon and that won't look good on my skin."

"Hhm I suppose you make two very good points.  I'll allow you to go visit your friends and make sure they are living up to your standards until I come get you, and when I do come, I will have another request that you must say yes to.  I mean that is our deal of me keeping them safe isn't it," Hunter says laughing in satisfaction knowing that he has me pressed under his thumb.  He removes the chains letting me go but not before giving me a sloppy kiss on the lips, and I run down the hall to where my friends are after I'm sure that I'm out of his line of vision.

It was strange to me that even after two years I was still able to know my escape route by heart and find my friends.  Everything was eerie during my time here as I moved forth between past memories and reality like how right now I can feel blood flowing in rivets down my body even though I know it's not real.  The strangest part is that even though Hunter spent time clearing out the room we sleep in of his father's belongings and redecorating it, I still know that it is the room where he killed some friends of mine and almost killed me.  He moved and disposed of their bodies, yet I could still feel all their lifeless eyes watching every single move we made.