Chapter 3

Flashlight grumbled, stuffing waffles into his mouth.
"Golden syrup?" Asked Twilight, levitating a bottle of said syrup and passing it across the table to Flashie.
Flashlight merely shrugged, ignoring the syrup that was hovering in front of his face. He had started his tantrum ever since he discovered that Gala was going to Canterlot to learn.

Twilight knew this would happen. She was trying to make it up to him, but it didn't seem to work. Gala knew this too, pulling her little brother into a hug, nuzzling him lovingly.

"I'll be fine. I still have a few weeks until I have to go." Gala whispered in Flashie's ear. Sighing, her brother nodded and pulled the syrup towards himself.
"Thanks Mum," he muttered, dolloping the contents of the bottle on his remaining waffles.

Twilight smiled weakly. She truly regretted her desicion, but she couldn't go back on it now.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

A group of ponies entered the dining room, Flash Sentry bringing up the rear.

All of Gala's friends immediately rushed to her side, shouting about the unfairness of it all. Their parent's began muttering things to Twilight behind their hooves.

"Is it true? Are you really leaving for Canterlot?" Asked Apple Harvest, his eyes stinging with tears. Harvest and Galaxy had been dating for a few weeks and had recently announced that they were officially an item.

Gala nodded sadly, pulling her boyfriend in for a hug.
"I'll miss you," she murmured in his ear, trying with all her might to keep herself from flooding the room with tears.

Cherry and Cheddar galloped towards Galaxy; they had lost their usual extra bounce and walked normally. You could hardly tell they were Pinkie's children.

"You..you....c..c...can't...l..le..leave," sniffed Cheddar, as his sister wailed loudly, alerting all the adults.

Before anypony else could come and cry their eyes out, Gala explained.
"Chill guys, I still have a few weeks until I go to Canterlot."

All her friends sighed, relieved that their friend still had some weeks before going to a boarding school miles away."

"How about we all visit Zecora to calm down?" Suggested Twilight.

"Yeah!" Came the excited reply.

Zecora also had a daughter named Zacara. She was a friend to all of the Mane Six's children.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Asked Applejack, grinning as Cinammon leapt on her back and yelled: "Let's get to it!"