Chapter 5

Rainbow Dash zoomed across the finish line, her son following soon after.
"Well squirt, looks like I'm still faster than you,"Rainbow smirked, ruffling Blitz's windswept mane.

All Rainbow Blitz could do was pant, taking deep breaths.

"How....on........earth....can....you...do......that?" He choked , streching his light blue wing feathers.

"Years of training," His mother replied simply, taking off. "You can go find your father and sister. I've got something to do"

Blitz found Soarin and Cloud Catcher outstreched on a cloud, discussing Gala's new school.

"I can't believe she'll leave next week," Cloud Catcher sighed. "I"ll miss her."

And with that, the waterworks broke. Cloud was not as tough as her parents.

She cried over her father's shoulder, sniffing as she saw the glint of a rainbow. Her twin brother was coming.

"Cut the sap, will you Cloud?" Asked Blitz, landing next to his father.

Slowly, Cloud wiped her eyes, before glaring at her brother.

"Don't you care that Gala's going to Canterlot?" She murmured

"Course I do, sis. Now, you wanna race?" Blitz replied.

Cloud shook her head, before taking off.
"I'm supposed to be meeting the girls at 1. And I have 2 minutes. So....see ya."

Blitz watched his sister shoot across the sky, her signature blue cloud streak drifting behind her.

"Why are girls so complicated?" Asked Blitz turning to his father.

"Have you told her yet?" His father backfired.

Blitz stared at Soarin, puzzled.

Soarin rolled his eyes.
"I know you have a crush on Meadow."

Rainbow Blitz blushed.
"Don't tell anypony."

"Too late," Sighed Soarin. "I've told your mum."

"WHAT?!?" Screamed Blitz. "If you told Mum, she's gonna tell Aunt Fluttershy, then she'll tell Meadow, then she'll think I'm weird."

"Woah, calm down kid,"Soarin smiled.
"One; why are you playing the pronoun game.
Two; Your mum promised she won't tell anyone."

Blitz let out a sigh of relief.
"Okay, let's keep this a family secret."