Chapter 10

Gala slipped out of bed, her mind still wandering in dreamland. She felt different about today. She knew that something made this day special, but she just couldn't put her hoof on it.

She brushed her mane and tail until finally the answer hit her. Hard.

Today she was going to be sent thousands of miles away to 'Celestia's School for Curious Mares.'

Sadden by the prospect of being miles away from her family, she plodded down the stairs to breakfast.

"Morning sis!" Yelled Flashie as he sped past Gala by sliding down the banister.

Gala giggled. Flashie sure was funny....she would definitely miss him.

Her eyes were stinging with tears by the time she was at the bottom of the stairs.

---------------------------
All of Gala's friends were at the train station to wave her off.

"Gala....we'll..we'll.." Began Cheddar.
"MISS YOU!!!" Finished Cherry, before handing Gala a purple necklace that read 'friends'. Grinning, Cherry and Cheddar revealed their own friendship necklaces. Cheddar had a red necklace with the word 'forever' etched on it. Cherry had 'best' on her pink necklace.

Next, the young alicorn turned to Cloud and Blitz. They,too handed her a friendship necklace; blue in the shape of a lightning bolt. Cloud also handed her a Wonderbolt badge.

"It was Dad's first badge. He doesn't need it anymore.." Cloud murmured, pressing it into the palm of Gala's hoof.

Next was Emerald Glitz. Tears formed in her eyes as her best friend turned to her.

"Here you are," Emerald sniffed, making a ruby bracelet form around Gala's wrist. " I spent all day yesterday making sure it was perfect."

Just as Gala turned to Meadow and Ivy, a diamond-shaped friendship necklace materialised around her neck. She glanced at Emerald, her unicorn friend wiping tears from her green eyes.

Meadow smiled weakly, trying not to burst into tears. Slowly, she handed Gala a light purple diary with a magenta star embroidered in the center of the cover.

Gala smiled back, knowing that it was better not to say anything. Ivy fluttered above Gala, dropping a flower shaped friendship necklace.

Cinnamon handed Gala a box of freshly made cinnamon buns.
"I made it m'self," Cinnamon smiled, holding back her tears.

"Thank you, little Spice Girl," Gala whispered, calling Cinnamon her nickname.

The magenta alicorn then turned to her boyfriend.

"Gala..." Harvest began, lifting an Everlasting Ruby Rose. "I"ll miss ya. I love ya more then the whole of Sweet Apple Acres. I'll love ya forever. My heart belongs the ya."

Gala felt hot tears stream down her cheeks. She pulled her boyfriend into a hug and planted a light kiss on his cheek. Harvest carefully placed the flower in Gala's mane before returning a kiss on his lover's forehead.

"I love you Harvest.." Murmured Gala. Harvest nodded, before handing his marefriend an apple shaped pendant like everyone else.

Last was Flashie. He kept on babbling about how much he'd miss his sister before bursting into tears.

"Shhh...it's alright. Just promise me you'll write." Gala said in her brother's ear. She earned a nod from Flashie.

Flashie levitated yet another pendant; however this was different. On the star shaped necklace was engraved the words: Big Sister: Love you forever.

Flashie hugged his older sister tightly. Then Gala turned to her parents.

Finally, after a lecture from Twilight, the train arrived. Gala stepped on, wiping her tear-stained face. The ice cold air lingered on Gala's coat. She leaned into the warm air's comforting embrace, chugging off towards the capital city; Canterlot.